Dots on my face?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dots on my face?

hi i have these dots all over my face and my neck and they are spreading and increasing at an alarming rate. i started getting them in the last 2 years. they look like beauty marks but they are raised and you can feel them and they are dark brown little dots. it runs in my family but i am very uncomfortable with them. what can i do to prevent their growth? I also have brown spots and acne scaring..like enlarged pores..i was wondering if a chemical peel would be good for that? thanks.
Without examination it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but it can be solar keratosis(small rough or scaly areas of skin due to damage from sun exposure), Dermatosis papulosa nigra(firm, smooth, raised, dark brown to black bumps occur on the face and upper trunk;usually runs in families) , seborrheis keratosis(small lumps due to a thickening of an area of the top skin layer) ,syringoma(bumps caused due to overgrowth of cells),moles or freckles.

I sincerely advise you consult a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed.Mode of treatment for all is entirely different.Chemical peel helps in their treatment but for that diagnosis has to be confirmed first.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.