Double Stranded DNA test?
I am a 42 years old female and have had a rash on my right side of my face for about 8 months now.  It is not itchy, nor does it exude pus, however, it is red, dry and scaly. I have seen a neurologist and am currently waiting to see a rheumatologist. However, during a blood test of dsDNA, it came out slightly high, per my doctor and ordered to be seen by a rheumatologist. However, I'm not sure what all this really means. It will be months before I can see a rheumatologist due to the location and the lack of them in my town. Can anyone tell me what this might really mean? .
These red patches can be due to seborrheic dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis. Another possibility would be discoid lupus erythematosus. I suggest you to get a biopsy of the skin scrapings from the  face done so that diagnosis can be confirmed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I also forgot to mention I got diagnosed with " true cramps". Which is actual cramps that happen often and unexpected. Some or more severe than others and some are long lasting. I had another dsDNA test which came out positive and another ANA test which came out negative. The rheumatologist suggest I get my face biopsied as you suggested. I am continuing to get tired towards the end of the week and I don't have much energy. My neurologist has put me on Tegretol, nitryptoline, and Neurontin, for the pain, which is helping however, I am now experiencing tiny red bumps but not in clumps but rather in different places on my entire body. They sometimes itch but they are not pus filled like. Thank you again for everything and I appreciate your posts.