Doxycycl side effects

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Doxycycl side effects

This discussion is related to Is Doxycycline right for me?.

What are the side effects for doxycycl hyc? I have been taking it for about two weeks and I a have been currently experiencing chest pains is this normal?
Avatar n tn
It is found that patients on doxycycline can notice sun burn like or severe skin reaction on exposed parts. Some might have liver dysfunction or renal dysfunction.
They also have anti-anabolic effect; hence more protein is broken down and increases the urea content.
Some patients can have vertigo and nystagmus like symptoms.
I would like to know, how old are you? For what have they prescribed you Doxycycline?
Since when are you experiencing chest pain?
Keep me informed.
Bye.
I am on doxy and have been taking it for about 6 months now. I have always wondered about if I should get any blood work to see if my body is handling everything okay like a LFT or liver panel. And if it is bad to take it for prolonged periods of time. Though it works great for my acne, i don't want to harm the rest of my body. Do you know anything about this?

Oh and i have looked up plenty of things about doxy and there is a long list of side effects for this antibiotic. if you are taking it then you should have got a sheet of paper with your prescription that told you what the side effects are.
Avatar n tn
I have a couple of question's. I have been on doxy 100 mg for about 8 day's now and since I have been taking it I have been keeping migrain's that won't go away and I haven't started my period yet either and I was supposed to start a few day's ago. I am using the medication for an ear infection and I was wondering if I should stop useing the medication because of my continuous headache's? No matter what I use for my headache's they won't go away and I have difficulties sleeping at night because of them. What should I do?