Dr.Bhumika- Great news!!!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dr.Bhumika- Great news!!!

Dr. Bhumika - Thank you for your advice with the following lesion I had.  You were correct.  The derm. said it appeared to be a healing picked hair follicle.  Thanks again for your help and support!

I need someones advice and would really appreciate someones expertise.  I need  some advice on whether I should go to the dermatologist or not. I know I have written about this lesion before so please forgive me for repeating myself, but I do have some update info. on the lesion. A month ago I was taking a shower and felt a bump on the back of my upper thigh. It was a dark circular raised bump. I picked at it and it bled. A day later there was a scab with red irritation around it. I picked off the scab and put neosporin on it. The dark bump was gone, there was just a white circle with a bit of the red irritation around it. I wrote into Dr. Rockoff. The derm. told me to keep an eye on it for a month. He felt it sounded like a picked follicle. A month later it looked different. The redness faded (just a little red). However, I noticed a dark brown spot in the middle (small about the size of a sharpened pencil) with a white circle(some redness)around that with some discoloration of the skin around the white circle. Also the bump seemed to have gone down. Well,I picked it again and picked off the brown dot. It scabbed and was red again. Now the redness is gone and the skin just appears dry and discolored (which I assume is from picking and squeezing it). I feel like it is healing because I have stopped picking at it.  I have an appointment to see the derm. in 5 days.  I have to admit I get EXTREMELY ANXIOUS when going to the derm.  I only go if medically necessary.  If the lesion appears to be healing should I still have it checked out

Glad to know that the post was of help to you and that you are symptomatically better now.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination if your symptoms persist.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.