Dry, crytallized almost? looking skin on scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hello. The skin on my scrotum and around the base of my penish and the shaft has become painfully dry. I have tryed moisturizers but the pain/dryness comes back quickly. It has gotten to the point of dryness that tiny yet painful cuts are appearing on my scrotum and penis! To make it worst it is itchy at times which aggravates the cuts! Idk if this matters, but i mastrubate a couple times a week and clean up when im done. Also the skin on my penis is peeling a bit, idk if this is because of dryness. If you could tell me any ideas on how to help this i would appreciate it so very much! Email me at ***@**** ! thank you in advance
Tags: itchty

Dry itchy scrotum can be due to eczema. Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then pls get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

Hope it helps .Take care and pls do keep us posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.