Dry, itchy scalp
I'm having problems wiht a dry and itchy scalp.  My hair is permed ant the hair is nice and shiny but my scalp isn't.  

I use a olive oli base hair lotion with a few drops of a oil, and it still won't work.  I was wondering could I have a medical problem and what could I use over the counter?
might be sebhorric dermatitis. go to dermatologist. they will prescribe you something. i have been going to doctor for awhile. all those shampoos were not working that i was using. i am on corticsteroids right now. i have also found out that i am allergic to hair dyes. so be careful with perming or hair coloring. i found out i was allergic to hair dyes because when i had my hair dyed the last time my scalp started to burn and itch. my eyes also swelled up. had patch testing done and thats how i found out i was allergic to hair dyes. well i hope you go to docor. let me know what happens. if you need someone to talk to i am here.
hi,

i gather that you hair are good but your scalp is not. if you can answer the following questions, I would be able to help you better.

did you use a cosmetic or some other chemical substance recently?

do you have allergy of any kind?

how is your general health and skin?

How long have you had this?

I think you are right in using some olive oil. my only addition would be its use immediately after shower. Further describe if you may have any other lesion on the scalp other than plain dryness.

hope this helped. Keep us posted and let us know if you may need more help.

best regards