Dermatology Expert Forum
Dry Hair Related to Medicines?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dry Hair Related to Medicines?

I relocated to the country of Panama almost three months ago.  About a month after arriving, I developed a sinus infection and went to a doctor here.  He put me on antibiotics to which I had a severe reaction and broke out in hives from my neck to my ankles.  His treatment for this was lengthy i.v.'s (one of three hours and one of four hours, five days apart) of cortizone and adrenaline.  About two days after the last i.v., I noticed that my hair had become extremely dry and unhealthy looking.  This condition has persisted and worsened.  Is this likely due to the treatments or should I look into other possible health problems?  Also, what is the best treatment to get my hair back to normal?