Dermatology Community
Dry Red Itchy Spots
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dry Red Itchy Spots

I have dry red itchy spots on my inner arms. I rarely get them on other parts of my body. They come and go. They can get really itchy, but I try not to scratch them, because if I do, I can feel my whole arm skin throb with pain. It can keep me up at night for sure.
I've tried using lotion, but I think the fragranted lotion I have makes it worse/doesn't help. So I've been using an unscented lotion (Suave Moisturizing lotion with Vitamin E) and that seemed to be helping, but it doesn't work well enough. I know I don't drink enough water, but since realizing that, I've been trying to.

Are there some home remedies I could try?
Is it a possibility that I'm allergic to something that keeps making it flare up?

I'd really like the red dry itchy spots to go away. Please help!