Dermatology Community
Dry Red Spots - Upper Thigh
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dry Red Spots - Upper Thigh

A few weeks ago, I noticed a small dry spot begin to develop around my upper thigh.  The spot has slowly become dryer and more red although remains the size of a dime.  
I have since developed approximately 5-10 dry circles around both thighs, all at different stages of size and redness.  They are all nearly perfect circles.

There is NO discomfort, no itch, etc.

Is this a general rash, allergy, etc. or is this a common symptom for something specific?  What is strage is the near perfect circle patterns that max out at the size of a dime.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Is your red spot kinda by the crease of your leg?
Blank
No - even more appear to be breaking out.  They are all around my legs, now moving down toward my knees.
Blank
I just noticed spots like these as well, and mine are near the crease.  I would love to have an idea of what they may be.  There are only two or three, and don't seem to be spreading though.
Blank
I also have these on my upper legs...did you find out what they are ??
Blank
I think I figured out what it is......nummular dermatitis. I saw pictures in a Medical book I have and it looks just likw what I have. Apparently you treat it with soaking in salt water and possibly taking antihistamines. It also said corticosteroid cream application was used. Some cases may even require antibiotics. I am not a doctor....I read this stuff in a medical book but it sure looks and sounds like what I got. I thougfht it was ringworm and I have been using an antifungal cream. I hope this will help someone at least gather more information about these red circular dimesize rashes as I have. I am fixing to google "nummular dermatitis". Good luck !!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...