Dry Scalp
I have extremely dry scalp all over that flakes and itches so bad. I've tried Head 'n' Shoulders, Selsen Blue, Green Tea Tree Oil...everything...when I initially wash my hair it works. But by that evening or the next morning it's back. When I try to use conditioners to help, my hair gets so oily I can't stand it. I don't blow dry my hair anymore because it makes it worse faster. I'm just at a loss of what to else to do to make it go away!!
Try using coal tar shampoo! Tea tree shampoo by paul mitchell works great, but you have to by it from a salon or a beauty supply store becuase they sell knock offs that dont have the same ingrediants that work at drugs store and convinent store! before you use try to sratch of as much dead skin as you can with a brush or something! Also you can buy witch hasel or any king of astergent part your hair in little sections and dab it on with a cotton ball it soothes the ithing and soreness alot, also its almost like it eats the dead skin off! Apply the witch hasel or astergent on your scalp then shampoo your hair right after with the tea tree shampoo by paul mitchell! Always buy you dandruff shampoos from a beaty supply store or salon, becuase regular store bought shampoos they put ingredients in the product that dry you scalp out more so you will keep buying it and they can make money off you!
From the symptoms it can be seborrheic dermatitis. You can treat flaking and dryness with over-the-counter dandruff or medicated shampoos. Shampoo the hair vigorously and frequently (preferably daily). Active ingredients in these shampoos include salicylic acid, coal tar, zinc, resorcin, ketoconazole, or selenium.

If the symptoms persist, then it would be best to get it confirmed from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.