Dry Skin, Red bumps that scab.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dry Skin, Red bumps that scab.

I have patches of what seems like really dry skin on my back and arms that seem to scab over. Then on my leg little red bumps that are itchy appear then scab over. The scabs on my legs are not clustered that and individual circles. Should I be worried?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
These itchy red scabbing bumps could be due to any cause like allergy, inflammation or infection. Dermatitis, eczema are few possibilities. Another possibility is Keratosis pilaris seen commonly in people with dry skin and eczema. There are small bumps that look like goose bumps on the back of the upper arms and thighs. Moisturizing lotions to soothe the skin and skin creams which contain urea, lactic acid are used in this condition. A clinical examination is must for starting treatment. Seek the opinion of  a dermatologist.
Best luck and regards!