Dry Skin in ear

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dry Skin in ear

My ear canals have had dry white flaking skin for years. Now the problem is worse, my left ear is stopped up with fluid and it constantly runs out of my ear. It's yellowish but clear.
It can be seborrheic dermatitis or eczema. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky, dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp. under the nose or anywhere on face. Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema.

My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated as treatment is diagnosis specific. Regarding the ear discharge, it can be due to otitis externa or otitis media. For this an ENT specialist’s consultation is required.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.