Dry Skin in male gential area
My 17 year old son noticed that his gential area had dry dead skin. What can be done about this? No, he's not sexually active, but the dry skin is a great concern.

Dry skin on the genitalia can be due to contact dermatitis,allergies, eczema or psoriasis.Contact dermatitis can be due to reaction of the skin to soaps,detergents,underwear clothes etc. is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Allergic reaction can occur to strong soaps, Solvents, chemicals, certain foods, food additives, plants, metals, cosmetics, even urine and faeces of some animals (dust mites).

Treatment includes avoidance of the allergen, oral antihistaminics and topical application of corticosteroids.He may also try application of calamine on the affected site. It may work by soothing the skin.

Pls seek an appointment with a dermatologist for his complete examination as without examination making a diagnosis is tough.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how your son is doing.