Dermatology Expert Forum
Dry Skin on Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Dry Skin on Penis

I am recently divorced 32 year old male who has entered a new sexual relationship.  We have had unprotected sex on 6 occasions over the last 3 months and I have noticed what appears to be dry skin on the shaft of my penis.  It is white and looks like a sunburn peeling but it is not red.  It also looks like it should flake off if pulled however it is firmly attached. It does go away when i take a shower, but does return (at least for the past 2 days).  I also have a small sore almost like a cut at the base of my penis, however i think that was caused by her clitorial peircing.  I have no pain during urination and this does not itch,  I have a physical scheduled in two weeks and was not sure what to think about this contdition,  was wondering if you could give me some advice.  Supposidly I am her first partner since her divorce and she is mine, both of us are "Fixed" so that is the reason for the unprotected sex (As dumb as that may sound)

I think what you have is irriation, not an STD.  I advise you to do nothing more than apply vaseline or a similar mositurizer.  Don't rub or inspect the areas, so your doctor can tell what's going on (if indeed there is anything to see by then, which there may not.)

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I am starting to see what looks like dry skin on my penis. It only appears howver when my penis becomes erect. Less than 30 min after I am not erect anymore the white dry skin goes away? Also it only appears on the upper underside of the shaft of my penis. In addition on the middle underside of penis on the shaft there is what looks like a darker spot, but it is completely flat and I have no pains or burning? I noticed today that my semen was a little yellowish? I have been tested for STDS (except AIDS) and was negative, should I get tested for AIDS as well? My body feels fine and I eat well? Could this be a possible penis yeast infection? Please help
Thank You,
JAck
A related discussion, dry skin on penis was started.
A related discussion, White dry skin on uncircumsized penis was started.
A related discussion, What can i use was started.
A related discussion, dry uncircumsized penis head was started.