Dry Skin on eyelid

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dry Skin on eyelid

I have a patch of dry skin on my right eyelid that will not go away.  I started putting eye cream on it and it will disappear for a short period but it comes right back.  What could cause this?  I have tried not putting anything on it thinking it maybe an allergic reaction but it doesn't go away it just gets more irritated.
It looks like seborrheic dermatitis. Topical antifungals and mild steroids are the usual treatment and combination of the two can be used to treat stubborn patches. Oral antifungal drugs and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are used in very severe cases. The other possibilities are of eczema, lupus erythematosus or dermatitis. Best would be to consult a dermatologist and get biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.