Dry cracked hands, possibly fungus?
My boyfriend has been suffering from dry cracked hands all through the winter season. About a month and a half ago he noticed on his index finger what looked like dirt in between the cracks of his skin. We thought maybe it could've been a blood stain from when we were intimate while i was menstruating. However, it has in fact spread to his thumb now too. I also have a small patch on my index finger. it doesn't seem to wash off. it's brown in color and has a spiderweb-like appearance. I am wondering if it is some sort of fungus. I have tried to look up pictures but have had no luck finding anything that looks similar. PLEASE HELP!
It looks like dry skin or xerosis to me. Dry skin results when there is not enough water in the stratum corneum for it to function properly. Too much soapy water, exposure to harsh chemicals, the normal aging process and certain types of skin diseases are some of the causes of decreased amounts of protective skin oils which in turn causes dry skin.

The mainstay of management is liberal use of moisturizers after washing with luke warm water. Soap should be used minimally. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day. You can also use a topical cortisone (steroid) cream or ointment like dermacort(hydrocortisone). Adding a humidifier to the central heating system of your home or using a humidifier also helps.

If still the symptoms persist then possibility of eczema needs to be ruled out. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.