Dry flaky skin on face, red dot underneath
Only within the last few months, I've been getting dry flaky spots on my face.  If I scratch them off, there's a red dot underneath, and if I use a drying soap, it looks like a crater later.  I also get scabs and sore spots on my scalp, which a dermatologist told me was seborrheic dermatitis.  Is this the same thing?  Would it have spread to my face for some reason?

Pictures:

http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/healthissuez/Skin/
From the symptoms it sounds like seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky, dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. You can treat flaking and dryness with over-the-counter dandruff or medicated shampoos. Shampoo the hair vigorously and frequently (preferably daily). Active ingredients in these shampoos include salicylic acid, coal tar, zinc, resorcin, ketoconazole, or selenium.

If the symptoms persist, then it would be best to get it confirmed from a dermatologist

Hope it helps. Take care and do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Warm regards.
Thanks.  A dermatologist said I have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp.  I've tried coal tar shampoo and ketoconazole, and neither works too well.  I still have the scabs on my scalp and face, though maybe reduced in frequency.

This didn't occur on my face in the past.  Why would it appear over time?  Can I make it go away permanently?