Dry itchy bumps on shaft of penis.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dry itchy bumps on shaft of penis.

Small bumps have appeared on the shaft of my penis and seem to be causing my skin to dry out and become itchy.  This has lasted for about 2 days now.  There is a constant itchy sensation on my penis and it is constantly dry.  I suspect that this has been caused by an allergic reaction to a new condom I have been using that contains SPERMICIDE.  I became itchy after using the new condoms and after a vigorous wash the outbreak occurred.  I have been doing a lot of online research and I think it may be eczema but I am not sure.  I have been applying lotions and baby oil to keep my penis moist and it has been stopping the itchy sensation but the bumps have remained.  What could this be?
From the symptoms the possibility of an allergic reaction and eczema penis needs to be ruled out. Treatment includes avoidance of the allergen, oral antihistaminics; topical application of corticosteroids. You may try application of calamine on the affected site. It may work by soothing the skin.

If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.