Dermatology Expert Forum
Dry non-itching spot on scrotum
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dry non-itching spot on scrotum

Recently I noticed a small (dime size or slightly smaller) dry skin spot on my scrotum. This spot does not itch nor does it burn, bleed, or have any discomfort.  It is on the left side and does shrink in size when the scrotum is shrivelled up.  I did scratch off a layer and made a very small spot red which now has a small scab.  But, still nothing that has any effect on comfort.  I have not tried any creme or vasoline because I just noticed the spot and was going to see if it would dry up.  I normally get some dry itchy spots during the cold seasons but none this small and don't itch.  Most of the dry itchy spots are on my shin and shoulders.  I have been married for 12 years and never had any other partners and know that my wife hasn't either.  Therefore, don't have a clue as to what this might be or the cause.  I do not think it is an STD / VD because there are not any discomforts as mentioned.