Dry patch on skin on lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dry patch on skin on lip

About a month ago i noticed my upper lip was dry.  we had just gotten back from camping so i thought that my lips were affected by the weather conditions (very cold).  My lips went back to normal except for a small patch of dry skin on the upper left side.  I have seen the other posts, i definiately dont think it has to do with herpes, candida, or exfoliativ cheilitis but i do believe it is some type of fungus and will treat it as so.  It doesnt bother me, no itching, no burning, only annoying because its there and i can feel it when i rub my lips together. I will post my results.
It can be due to contact dermatitis or cheilitis. Avoid licking the lips as saliva evaporates quickly resulting in them being drier than before. Drink plenty of water and take multivitamin supplements and do not apply lipstick or other cosmetic products for some days. Use a humidifier to moisturize the air in your home and apply shea butter or Vaseline on your lips.

You can also apply some steroids after consulting a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing