Dry patches on foreskin frenulum cause tearing and cuts
by zomj, Aug 14, 2012
My symptoms: patches (2) of bad, dry, cracked, flaky skin on frenulum.  This area of skin is very prone to cracking, splitting and appearing inflamed after sex, masturbation and sometimes just randomly.

Tried: so many creams and steroid etc. None fix the actual problem.  Patches of skin are there.  Been dermatologist and they send me round in circles.  Got as far as one suggested a biopsy and patch test as he determined there was definitely something there, he just did not know what.  Unfortunately he had to leave the country before this happened so I'm back at square one.  The major problem is that in my case it is quite a small area affected and is hard to see whilst the penis is flaccid or not straight after sex/masturbation, but it is a real problem for me and recurring for the past 2+ years.

Suggestions: definitely not STD; it's a derm problem.  Eczema, psoriasis, lichen planus/sclerosus?

Here are 2 NSFW pictures  The first image you can see 2 patches of dry flaky skin on the frenulum.  The second image you can just about see in the same area a cut has opened up.  This cycle goes on and on.

The best treatment I have found so far is to consistently apply some moisturising cream called "Oilatum Junior" to the area everyday and straight after sex.  Doing this enabled me to almost ignore the problem and have some sort of regular sex, but it would cut sometimes and flare up, and the problem never went away, it was just masked.

Anyone else with this problem?
Member Comments (2)
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Aug 25, 2012
These symptoms can be due to either eczema or lichen planus. Treatment is available only on prescription and consists mainly of steroids,retinoids,hydroquinone and phototherapy. To confirm the diagnosis, it is advisable to get a biopsy skin done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

by yzu, Mar 02, 2013
I have same condition. Could you figure out what is it?