Dry peeling raw fingertips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dry peeling raw fingertips

For the last few years every autumn and winter I suffer from very dry, peeling, raw, and itching fingertips. I've tried putting every kind of clinical creams and gloves on every night. However, I still suffer from the pain and peeling that occurs immediatly after I remove the gloves. A friend said he suffered the same symptons and was told by a derm Dr. that it was a fungus. Could this be my problem and what should or could be done to stop this expeirence?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Are there other signs or symptoms present? This could be an infection, dermatitis, or exfoliative keratolysis. Diagnosis of a fungal infection is through obtaining a skin scraping of the lesion and evaluating it under the microscope. On the other hand, exfoliative keratolysis  is a common skin condition in which there is focal peeling of the palms and less often the soles. It usually starts with one or more superficial air-filled blisters on the fingers or palms that burst to leave  peeled areas. These peeled areas lack a normal barrier function and may become red, dry  and cracked.

It would be best to have this evaluated further by your doctor. Your friend's condition may be different to your present symptoms. A complete medical history and physical examination are needed to determine the diagnosis. Take care and do keep us posted.
Take care and regards.
I haven't noticed any blisters, it just becomes dry. My ring finger started to peel and I peeled the dry skin with other fingers and those became dry and started to peel. The more I peeled the more it "seem" to spread to the other fingertips. Now on the bends of my thumb palms it has started to become sore and raw, it feels like it will start to peel soon (based on past experience). After I use immense amounts of cream over night with gloves the next morning it is still dry and still peeling. I am at a computer all day and if I wash my hands or use hand sani I put clinic cream on immediatly after. No cream seems to yeild the peeling. It seems to become more raw and itchy each day. Are there any over the counter things I can try? What might this be? Fungi?
I can take pictures, if this might be helpful??