Dry red blotchy skin on face and neck!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dry red blotchy skin on face and neck!

i need some advice...my skin looks so horrid right now and im so upset about it. i have had acne in the past but for the past few years i have had flawless skin. a few months ago i started breaking out horribly and this sent me over the edge. it makes me so depressed and stressed. it seems to have only gotten worse and it has made my anxiety through the roof. i cant sleep at night and i have severe anxiety attacks. a few weeks ago i noticed my skin was pink in some areas and started to peel. since then it has just been a viscious cycle of peeling, pink red skin, then it gets dry and heals and then flakes off again. just a few days ago i started getting little rough patches that are so ugly and pink. and on top of this i am breaking out. i honestly dont know whats worse cause at least i can cover zits with makeup...i cannot even cover this. did i mention its extremely painful? it doesn't itch though it feels like its burning! my family says that it is all in my head and i do it to myself but i don't know how that could be. Help

My doctor said it isnt ezcema (eczema)? he said its allergic. What is the difference between allergics and ezcema (eczema)
For such type of dry, blotchy and peeling skin the possibilities of seborrheic dermatitis and eczema need to be ruled out. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. People with seborrheic dermatitis produce too much sebum (the natural skin oil). Later, pityrosporum yeast grows excessively in the sebum, sometime along with bacteria, making the dermatitis more persistent.

Treatment is different for both. While it is antifungal shampoos for seborrheic dermatitis, it is steroids and moisturizers for eczema. So please get it examined from a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.