Dry red spot on nose

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dry red spot on nose

I am a 30 year old female. As a child I had frequent sunburns on my face and shoulders (some were pretty bad). About 3 weeks ago I noticed a small area (about the size of a pencil eraser) of dry skin on the right side of my nose right next to the bridge. I picked the dry skin off and have had this red spot since. It doesn't hurt or itch but it does get what appears to be a fine layer of dry skin or small scab over it every week or so. I am concerned that this could be some form of skin cancer and just thought I would see what you thought. Thanks for your time.    
Did you ever find out what it is? I have the EXACT same thing on the right side of my nose next the bridge. It has been 2 weeks and has not gone away.
put some neosporin on it, morning, mid-day, and night. Should notice a difference in a few days.
Well hey, I have the same thing on both sides of my nose, and then I sometimes get redness and dryness on the sides of my nose. I want to determine what it is regardless of whether neosporin gets rid of it or not--is it eczema, roseaca, or what?  I read somewhere that also an iron deficency can cause this. (I know I have mis-spelled everything in this email..)
Hi there,
I have the same problem. I got a slight burn on my nose after a vacation a few months ago and noticed a dry piece of skin on my nose, so I peeled it off. Fast forward months later, and I still have a red spot on my nose. What is this and how can I treat it? What should I do? Thanks for your help!

jt
I have the same thing on the left side of the bridge of my nose..so it's either gonna cost me a fortune to get fixed or i'll die of skin cancer a 38 year old healthy male....with a spot on his nose.