Dry skin. What is it?
I have had this dry skin spot on my arm for months now. I regularly put lotion on it but didn't really think anything of it. THis past week I got a similar looking spot on my face. I am a hockey player and I do work out alot but I have no idea what this could be. Please HELP
It can be due to contact or atopic dermatitis. There are certain other non-pharmacological measures which are equally important in treating atopic dermatitis. These are Lubricating the skin frequently, avoiding harsh soaps and cleansers, preventing scratching or rubbing whenever possible, protecting skin from excessive moisture, irritants, and rough clothing, maintaining a cool, stable temperature and consistent humidity levels, limiting exposure to dust, cigarette smoke, pollens, and animal dander & Recognizing and limiting emotional stress.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.