Dermatology Expert Forum
Dry skin and Tiny bumps on lip
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dry skin and Tiny bumps on lip

Hi Dr. Rockoff,

Seems like I have just developed this problem over the past year or so.  My lips seem to get really chapped, they burn and get red.  I have also noticed some small bumps all over my lip, they are kinda white in color but also the same color as my lips.  I can feel them if I rub my lips together and can also see them if I look real close at my lips.  They burn maybe a little but I think maybe thats because my lips are so dry.  What could this be?  I went to see my doctor last year and she diagnosed me with chapped lips and told me to use Vaseline.  Can you tell me what this might be and what I can so to treat this?  Thanks for your help.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
These are most likely sebaceous (oil) glands, that you can see when the lips are reddened.  They mean nothing.  Have a doctor look and confirm this, so you can stop thinking about it.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
2 Comments
Blank
It only seems to happen in the winter time, is that normal?
Blank
My lips are super dry and I woke up this morning with little tiny bumps surrounding the outline of my mouth within/on the lower and upper lip! I usually use Vaseline but ran out yesterday so I used medicated neosporin. Is this a reaction? Please help, I'm really crusty and bumpy!
Thanks BumpyLips
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank