Dry skin on bottom of foot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dry skin on bottom of foot

I have dry skin on bottom of my foot all the time and doesnt seem to go, sometimes the skin even breaks and becomes an open wound and is really painful. I am also diabetic and use insulin and was wondering if this may have any roll as to why i have it?
Since you are a diabetic , hence the dry skin can be due to dermopathy. In diabetics, dryness of the skin can be commonly found. Other condition is of lichen simplex chronicus or eczema. The mainstay of management is liberal use of moisturizers after washing with luke warm water. Soap should be used minimally. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day.You can also use a topical cortisone (steroid) cream or ointment like dermacort(hydrocortisone).

Also apply the moisturizer at night and wear cotton socks which allows the cream to sink deeply. If the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.