Dry skin on penis shaft
I have been having dry skin on some areas of my penis shaft for almost a year now, which easily sustains bruises during intercouse or masturbation. I consulted a dermotologist, and hydrocotesine was prescribed to me. When using the cream, the condition disappears ,but recurrs the moment i stop the application of the cream. Kindly advise me on the way forward, as i am getting worried by the day. The dry area becomes red after sex or maturbation and the skin around th area cuts/bruises off.

Thank you
Kindly help with solution to dry skin on penis shaft that easily sustains bruises during intercouse or masturbation.
Too much soapy water, exposure to harsh chemicals, the normal aging process and certain types of skin diseases are some of the causes of decreased amounts of protective skin oils which in turn causes dry skin.

The mainstay of management is liberal use of moisturizers after washing with luke warm water. Soap should be used minimally. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day.You can also use a topical cortisone (steroid) cream or ointment like dermacort(hydrocortisone). Adding a humidifier to the central heating system of your home or using a humidifier also helps.

If still the symptoms persist then possibility of eczema has to be ruled out. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.