Dry skin patch
My 5 year old son has this patch that looks like dry skin. it does not itch, its a light red color, one is alittle smaller than a quarter on his side. Now he has several other spots developing on his chest and sholder blade!! I have no idea what it could be! The big patch has been there for prob 4 weeks or so! Do i need to go to doc or is there a way to treat it over the conner?
please let me know!

Are there other symptoms present? This could be an irritation or infection. Tinea or fungal infection is common and usually begins as a small red area that grows, and spreads out in a circle or ring. Some of these infections easily spread from person to person. I would recommend that you have this evaluated by a doctor for proper management. Direct clinical examination of the patch or lesions is needed to determine the diagnosis. Definite diagnosis of a fungal infection is through obtaining skin scrapings and observation under the microscope.

Take care and keep us posted.