Dermatology Expert Forum
Dry spots in scalp

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Dry spots in scalp
dz
I started getting ezcema in my scalp that when I scratch it, the skin peels off and then it turns red. Its not all over my head but it is in spots. Can you please help...

Thanks.
Sure.  First, stop scatching.  Next, apply 1% hydrocortisone lotion (OTC) to each spot to heal it.  Dandruff shampoos don't help localized stuff very much.  If OTC cream doesn't help, see a doc about prescription-strength stuff.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I HAVE SORIESES AND THAT COULD BE WHAT YOU HAVE. THE DRY AND FLAKEY BUT ITCH ALOT TO. YOU CAN GET A MEDICATION FOR IT .
A related discussion, Is sorieses cancerous was started.