Dry white crust on skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dry white crust on skin

2479591?1202408186
I've seen this on older people, now I see it on my hand. I'm 57 and really don't want to see this. What is it. I figured I'd ask before contacting a dermatologist.I can't seem to find anywhere on the net that would have a name for this.

Avatar n tn
Hi Bob,

I've got the same spots all over my body. Same as you; I cannot find anything about it on the Internet!. If you have found the answer, could you Email me at ***@****.  [13 May 2008].

Thanks.

This could be due to vitamin, mineral or water deficiency in your body. This could be an allergic reaction to some unknown substance or dermatitis.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products and use a medicated sunscreen whenever you go out. Keep your skin well moisturized.

Eat a healthy balanced diet and drink lots of water and replace any deficiencies in your diet with vitamin and mineral supplements.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could also take oral antihistamine medications for your symptoms if required.

Nothing can be said with surety about the diagnosis without having a look at the lesions.

What medications are you taking currently?

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.