Dermatology Community
Eczema - What do you do to control flare ups?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Eczema - What do you do to control flare ups?

Hi,

After switching to a low-fat natural vegan diet, I've become very aware of how I can affect the state of my skin. I think excluding dairy and some other things helped my eczema somewhat, but it did flare up on multiple occasions after adapting to new foods on a natural vegan diet. I'm interested in hearing other people's experiences with what they think is effective in preventing allergic flare-ups of their eczema.

I've found that most seeds, legumes, probably also nuts can contribute. Rice seems to be quite safe and together with potatoes and also whole-wheat flour will usually serve as my main calorie sources. The worst direct triggers seem to be raw broccoli, cabbages, spinach, citrus fruits and many raw seeds. Cooking minimizes much of the effect of these foods.
For myself I believe diet is the most important factor for avoiding flare-ups.  When I keep to a restricted diet, I prevent flare-ups.

External triggers are winter-season, excessive sunlight, exercise and sweating, wool and probably other abrasive materials.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank