Eczema on eyelids???

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Eczema on eyelids???

I was wondering if it is possible to have eczema without the affected area getting red? I have had patches of dry flaky skin on my eyelids (upper and lower) for about a month now and I've been trying moisturizers and allergy medication with little help. First, could this truely be eczema and second how should it be treated when it occurs around the eyes.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like seborrheic dermatitis.

Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. You can treat flaking and dryness with over-the-counter dandruff or medicated shampoos. Shampoo the hair vigorously and frequently (preferably daily). Active ingredients in these shampoos include salicylic acid, coal tar, zinc, resorcin, ketoconazole, or selenium.

If the symptoms persist,then it would be best to get it confirmed from a dermatologist

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

That's exactly how my eczema started.  I had patches on one eye after about 3 months of moving to Los Angeles.  (Is it the dryness?  Dust?)  And then, it turned so horribly bad, I saw three doctors.  The second one gave me steroids, it went away insanely quick, and then came back, worse than it was before.  The third one gave me Elidel.  It's not a steroid, and it works.  There is still a little eczema on and around my eye, but I can live with it (though I hate it.)  I have good days and bad days.  The worst part right now is that I got eczema on the back of my neck, but the Elidel isn't helping!  Oh, I also take Omega-3 Fatty Acids (odorless!) and it also helps.
What does dandruff shampoo do for the flaky dermatitis on the eyelid? Are you saying by strictly using a dandruff shampoo that will help the flaky dry skin go away on your eyelid? Or do you use the shampoo and also rub it on your eyelid during the process?

Hmmm, confused.