Are you allergic to any specific substances? Have you had allergic reactions in
'Puffy eyes can result from a number of causes, including:
* Fluid retention such as due to changes in weather or hormone levels
* Allergies or dermatitis, especially if puffiness is accompanied by redness
* Certain medications
* Kidney or thyroid dysfunction.'
'There are a number of steps you can take to prevent and reduce mild under-eye
* Get enough sleep at night. For most adults, seven to eight hours a night
appears to be the best amount of sleep.
* Sleep with your head slightly raised. Add an extra pillow or prop up the
head of your mattress. This helps prevent fluids from accumulating around your
eyes as you sleep.
* While sitting up, apply a cool tap water compress to the skin under your
eyes for a few minutes. You can also use chilled cucumber slices, a refrigerated
gel mask or chilled, damp tea bags.
* Reduce allergy symptoms. Avoid allergens when possible, and ask your
doctor about over-the-counter or prescription allergy medications.'
You could read more about the condition at the following link -
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.