Edema of the penis? Cause and cure?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Edema of the penis? Cause and cure?

On the shaft of my penis towards to top part there i noticed swelling today or what looks like edema of the penis if I were to guess a diagnosis. But why would this happen and is there anything i can do to help get rid of it?

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub with clothes, dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic),excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis or balanitis(due to an underlying infection (bacterial and fungal as well as other organisms) .
You may try calamine lotion on the rash.You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics.You can also use calamine lotion or a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash.If the rash is itchy, you  can take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin.

If the symptoms persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards.