Dermatology Expert Forum
Effects of steroid injection
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Effects of steroid injection

I am a 34 year old woman with olive skin and last August I went to see a dermatologist about two itchy bumps I developed after going to the beach. She prescribed a steroid cream to use on them. After using the cream for two weeks the bumps remained the same and even got a little worse. She decided to give me a steroid shot, saying the bumps where itchy and red from the scar tissue and this would help. Intially it did help for a week then I noticed I started to loose skin color at the site of the injection. One of the area had a little color loss but the second area which was closer to my ankle grew to larger area with a very prominent loss of color( the Dr used more steriod injection in that area). I went back to her and she said it can happen in my skin type (olive)and to wait for it to go away. The smaller area has completely recovered but the larger area still has loss of pigmenation which has only slightly gotten better and still has alot of little broken surface veins whic make the area look red.I think the skin looks thinner in that area too and the redness of the  original bump has even come back. Will pigmenation return to normal and the small red veins go away? It has been seven months, How much longer should I wait?