Elbow rash
For the last year I've been experiencing an on again off again elbow rash on one or both of my elbows. The rash begins as one small red raised area that is itchy and if I scratch it it spreads rapidly and after I've scratched they almost look like hives. Once they are raised this red bumps are intensely itchy and I have to use ice to calm the beast and take antihistamines to calm the rash down. It then can take weeks for the rash to dissapear. Since it responds to antihistamines do you think this is an allergic dermatitis and I need to figure out what I'm allergic to or could it be psoriasis? (I have the idea of it being psoriasis)

This may be either of the two. Allergy can be indicated by the off and on nature of the lesion which is eased by the anti-histamines.

On the other hand the typical location of the lesion and its description indicates psoriasis.

The diagnosis of such lesion may only be made by examination and maybe some tests.

Your best bet would be to visit the dermatologist since he may be able to guide you to the correct diagnosis and treatment.

Meanwhile, try to investigate the possible allergen and also continue the anti-histamines.

Let us know if you may need any more help.

Best regards