Epidermal cyst caused by shaving bumps???
I have been diagnosed with pseudofolliculitis barbae (shaving bumps) on my neck.  I had a epidermal cyst in the same area I have the shaving bumps removed.  Can the cyst be related to the shaving bumps?

Pseudofolliculitis barbae is because of ingrowing of the shaved hair which may present as pimples. To prevent it water soften the beard first with a hot, wet washcloth for five minutes and then shave.

Other treatment options include shaving in a different direction, tweezing, exfoliating with facial scrubs, sponges, towels or creams containing acid and ibuprofen or other NSAIDs. Topical application of dilute glycolic acid and salicylic prepared solutions are also helpful. You can consult a dermatologist and discuss these treatment options with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.