Dermatology Expert Forum
Excema, roscae, or lupus? please help

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Excema, roscae, or lupus? please help

Hello. I'm a 24yr female. I have had a rash around my nose for a long time. I went to a dermatologist and he said I might have lupus. He then recommended me to a rhemutologist and all the test came out negative for lupus. So then I do not know what this rash is about. It is on the bridge of the nose and it spreads alittle unto the cheeks. The description: A quarter size raised red patch around the cheek, the same on the bridge of the nose. No matter what I try nothing works. I just want to make sure this is not lupus...and if not what is it? It is really frustrating when I go to a doctor and they cant find the diagnosis? About 7months ago there were little tiny pathes on the corner of my upper eyelid at the end of the eyebrow, those lasted about 8months, I no longer have those. Also I get real dry inside my ear and also on the back side of my ear. The other thing I have noticed is on the edge of my scalp on the forehead it gets irritated(sometimes). Please help, any information will be appreciated.
The most common red cheek rashes are seborrheic dermatitis or rosacea.  Neither is serious and neither has anything to do with lupus.  If your lupus test was negative, you don't need to be concerned about that.  You should ask a dermatologist, though you may want to consult a different one.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff