Dermatology Community
Excessive sweating in groin area
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Excessive sweating in groin area

Hi, I am a 24 year old male, no health problems besides ocular rosecea and seasonal allergies. For the past 8 months or so I have been having excessive sweating in the groin area. I have always had sweating in the groin and inner thigh area ever since my teens, which caused slight irriatation/diaper rash on the inner thighs. But lately it has been much worse. It started once the warm weather came around this past spring. About mid summer I did have a fungus in the groin area which I was given two creams by my dermatologist which cured up the fungus but still got irritation from sweating. But now even the cold weather I am still sweating excessively and mostly only in groin/inner thigh area. I wear cotton underwear, and use Gold Bond medicated powder as my dermatologist suggested but it is just not enough. Whenever I sweat excessively the creases of the thighs, and scrotum skin becomes rore and red looking and very itchy. After a few days it goes away, but it seems to be an endless battle. Does anyone have any ideas what the cause of this may be and what I can do about it? Thank you so much for your help.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

The various causes of excessive sweating(hyperhydrosis) are stress and anxiety, adrenal disorders, diabetes mellitus, nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, hypercalcaemic nephropathy, metabolic syndrome ,multiple endocrine neoplasia II (MEN II) - also called Sipple's syndrome, renal tubular acidosis (RTA),hyperparathyroidism and sleep apnea.

My sincere advice would be to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist as well as an endocrinologist and get these evaluated. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.

Blank
Hi,

You might find the following threads interesting:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/sweating-mystery/show/610523
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Urology/Side-effects-treatment---please-take-a-look-Thanks-/show/1195235 (the 4th post might interest you)

Did you found any (semi)successful treatments for this?
Blank
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank