Excessive sweating in groin area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Excessive sweating in groin area

Hi, I am a 24 year old male, no health problems besides ocular rosecea and seasonal allergies. For the past 8 months or so I have been having excessive sweating in the groin area. I have always had sweating in the groin and inner thigh area ever since my teens, which caused slight irriatation/diaper rash on the inner thighs. But lately it has been much worse. It started once the warm weather came around this past spring. About mid summer I did have a fungus in the groin area which I was given two creams by my dermatologist which cured up the fungus but still got irritation from sweating. But now even the cold weather I am still sweating excessively and mostly only in groin/inner thigh area. I wear cotton underwear, and use Gold Bond medicated powder as my dermatologist suggested but it is just not enough. Whenever I sweat excessively the creases of the thighs, and scrotum skin becomes rore and red looking and very itchy. After a few days it goes away, but it seems to be an endless battle. Does anyone have any ideas what the cause of this may be and what I can do about it? Thank you so much for your help.

The various causes of excessive sweating(hyperhydrosis) are stress and anxiety, adrenal disorders, diabetes mellitus, nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, hypercalcaemic nephropathy, metabolic syndrome ,multiple endocrine neoplasia II (MEN II) - also called Sipple's syndrome, renal tubular acidosis (RTA),hyperparathyroidism and sleep apnea.

My sincere advice would be to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist as well as an endocrinologist and get these evaluated. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.

You might find the following threads interesting:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/sweating-mystery/show/610523
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Urology/Side-effects-treatment---please-take-a-look-Thanks-/show/1195235 (the 4th post might interest you)

Did you found any (semi)successful treatments for this?
Gr8 suggestion.