Exfoliative cheilitis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Exfoliative cheilitis

Hello my name is Matt and I would like to ask someone professional on here a question regarding what I believe now to be Exfoliative Cheilitis. Ok so I'm going to be 21 years old this january and my question is about whether someone can tell me if they believe I have EC or not. It started when I was about 17 I had chapped lips and by accident i had peeled off a layer of skin from my top lip like right in the middle of my lip where the mucosa meets the lip. For a year or two  I started to suspect something was wrong with it meaning when i looked at it there was like a disfiguration with the lip. So after a while I convinced my mother to take me to the family doctor who then told me at the time that she could notice there was something wrong with it. But she did not diagnose me with EC at that time I didnt even know what it was. I then was referred to a plastic surgeon who also told me to just apply vaseline and things like that to it. But had no affect now almost 3 to 4 years later its gotten so bad i cant even eat right anymore bc there is like a scab on my lip and if i move my upper lip it like makes the skin fall off. So can someone on here shed a little light on this subject for me if so thanks for the advice.