External irritation
Hi all, I am asking this question for my wife.  She is now 24 weeks pregnant and since about 4 weeks into the pregnancy she has been having a lot of discharge and external itching/irritation.  I have looked for the last 20 weeks on and off and she never has blisters, never has any patchy red spots, never has had any lesions what so ever that I could find. She always complains of the itching / irritation to be external only, no complaints of an internal irritation.  She is in no pain any where, she says she has no burning when she urinates.  Her OB keeps telling her this is normal and we disagree.

As some of you might remember I have had some irritation on my penis as well.  After numerous trips to the dermatologist and to the Urologist they have concluded I had a fungus/yeast infection plus mild chronic dermatitis.  Is it possible that she has a fungus / yeast infection also?

I have had a penis boipsy - genital culture and have had many doctors look at me therefore I can pretty confidently say I do not have an infection.  We have read somewhere something about the PH levels being messed up?  Is this a possibility?

Advice anyone?
Anyone have any idea.  The weird thing is that it comes and goes for her.  Last 2 days she has been fine, tomorrow it might be irritated.  Hope that helps.

During pregnancy, hormonal levels are deranged, and this could lead to excessive discharge. The discharge primarily causes the irritation and itching of the external genitalia. As long as the discharge is not foul-smelling and there are no associated  signs or symptoms, there is nothing to worry about.  It is important to keep the area clean and dry at all times and d scratching to avoid secondary infection. Wearing loose clothing such as boxers may also help. As soon as her hormones normalize, this too will resolve. It is highly recommended that she has regular prenatal check-ups until her due date. Take care and regards.