Extreme Itching all over body w/NO rash, welts or hives.

I've recently been diagnosed with Urticaria. My doctor says I fall into the 99.9% of the people who have it without any signs. My itchiness has been getting progessively worse for the past few years. I'd say almost 3 yrs now. It's to the point where I can't even engage in intercourse with my partner, go shopping or even go out in the sun. I keep hearing and reading how Urticaria, usually has signs on the skin surface but I don't, except for the really bad itchy feeling. Sometimes I question whether or not I have something else because it's really bad and it feels like I have a sudden burning rush of nails/needles stabbing my skin and I can't even move but only twitch. It's like this on a daily basis with my skin, whenever my body temperatue goes up. I feel like my body's thermostat is broken and I'm constantly overheating. I've been taking Claritin and Benadryl but that doesn't seem to help at all. My doctor also gave me a prescription medicine called Atarax, which only makes me drowsy and doesn't help the itchy feeling. Any suggestions? Btw, I've taken blood tests to see if there is anything wrong but everything came out fine. =/
I have the same problem! i have been itching for about two months. My urge to itch is usually at it's peak when I am either sitting or laying in my bed. Although i have had no fever, the itching is terrible. I even have the urge to itch my toes and fingers.  The worst place is around my thigh area.
Has the predizone helped your son at all?
HELP
Be careful with the prednisone. I just finished a 9 day taper of it for an allergic reaction (a reaction to what, I don't know yet), and I never want to go through that again! Starting about the second day, the prednisone started causing me the WORST panic attacks I've ever had in my life. Not only that, but I was terrirfied all the time. It was so bad, I actually had to have a friend stay with me for two nights just so I could feel like I had some hope. I took the last dose two days ago, and I'm still fighting the urge to yell for help and cry, and this is coming from a 35 year old man! The only thing good about going through that is that I had to, I mean HAD TO quit smoking and drinking caffiene. One cigarette or cup of coffee was enough to set off another round of attacks and fear. Again, it's been two days, and I still am having problems. So please, PLEASE be careful if you look into taking prednisone. A "taper" is when they start you off on a high dose, and then reduce the doses. Mine was three days with 60mg each, then three days with 40mg, then three final days of 20mg each day.
Eczema
Elidel Cream - Medpedia
Elidel Cream (containing 1% pimecrolimus) is a prescription cream used for the treatment of a skin condition called eczema (atopic dermatitis).
wiki.medpedia.com/Elidel_Cream  

Note: The cream prescribed by "Dr. Crider from Arab Alabama." when I had problem on my hand, and it was more than ten years a go and since then my problem on my hand is gone. It was horribly pain like all of sudden hundreds of needle sticking in you palm. I hope this will help.

I had this itchiness 3 months ago, in here in KSA, they gave my anti histamine for 10 days, and it stopped the itchiness, I thought it was gone, so I stopped the medication on the 12th day, it goes back again, so I have to continue using the zyrtec, the next day it stopped from itching, Im referring to hand and feet, I've been using zyrtec for 2 mos but the itchiness never get away, the worst thing happened to me was when my eyes got allergy also, ir turns alittle reddish and irritated. I also noticed that everytime I wash my hand, my feet gets wet after a few minutes it will get itchy.

I dont know the reason.

I have decided to get a new doctor and she gave me zyxal for 10 days and it stopped for 10 days. After 10 days, it goes back again, so I went back to her to report that it has not been disappearing. Its been 3 months I have been taking anti histamine, my experience was it made my eyes blurred (left). I think it is a big mistake of the doctor.

Now she made a new medication for me, she injected anti allergy and steroid I think it was 3 types of injections. And she told me to maintain Predisolon for 28 days 5mg as it lowers the dossage every after 7 days.

I would say it lessen the itchiness, before it was whole day I'm itching, but now there are sometime in the day I'm itching for about 15-20 minutes maximum. But I have some weird feeling specially in the evening that my chest are getting twisted I experienced it for 3 times.

Now, I still have few itchiness from my body, hand, legs and feet, but not that much anymore. Some cream never helped me, but I found this Sulfur Soap that really helps the itchiness on my feet and hand

Until now I have to wait for 21 days predison medication. I hope the itchiness will stop. Also, after taking the predison my opthamology advised to stop using medical drops but she only gave me eye lubricants without any medicine for the eye. Predisolon helped my eye irratations and lower my body itchiness, but not removing it. I think I have to wait until I finish the modications.
I had posted back in December 2009, but my itching started much sooner then that.  I have been fighting this for so long now.  I got the swollen lymph node in my neck and had a biopsy done.  I finally was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma this past week.  

I also noticed that there was another poster who had the same diagnosis.  There are so many things that can make the skin itch, but please keep this one in mind.  

I was blown off by doctor after doctor, made to feel it was "all in my head," and even when I did the scabies treatment and told the dermatologist it was not scabies I was told I was wrong...it still could be.  
"I was blown off by doctor after doctor, made to feel it was "all in my head," and even when I did the scabies treatment and told the dermatologist it was not scabies I was told I was wrong...it still could be. "

That's some service you have there, most people have to go to hookers for that.
Your disgusting. thats a serious problem
I am almost 50 and have had a spot on my upper arm about 3" in diameter that has caused me a lot of grief.  I have scratched it until it bleeds on many occasions and cannot pinpoint what will set it off.  I know the sun is a factor but definitely not the whole cause.  I haven't been able to find a cure, and lotions just seem to smother the area and then cause considerable itching.  I have found 2 things that provide temporary relief.  1.)  Using an ice pack to numb the area-this only works for the amount of time that my arm is numb.  2.)  Heat from the hair dryer.  Someone told me that holding a hair dryer a few inches from the itch for as long as you can stand it will stop the itch.  It works.  I can get relief from severe itching for a few days by doing this.  I'm not sure if I'm causing future harm but this is preferable to scratching all the time, everywhere and having scabs on my arms.  I thought this might help someone, at least until they find a cure and maybe this method of relief points to the cause.  Anyone?
I would wake up with a severe burning itch that felt like it was radiating from within my body.  Started with legs, went to chest and arms and lasted about 2 hours.  What I discovered was that I was on Niacin and this was causing the problem.  
I've been dealing with itching without rash since I was young - well over 30 years.  The itching seems to come at the changing of seasons, usually when winter changes to spring, and especially when late summer changes to fall.  I also get the same itch just after swimming in a pool, and taking a shower.  I have had this for so long, that I know two things for sure.  1) No doctor will ever understand, and will always try to prescribe a cream or pill, and 2) this is not caused by a food allergy or allergy to laundry detergent.  Benedryl will help, but not all the time, so I don't bother.  Here's my solution (for what it's worth).  I believe this itching has something to do with humidity level, and most assuredly has everything to do with skin temperature.  I noticed that if I wrapped up in a blanket and rocked back and forth for 5-10 minutes, the itch would go away as fast as it came, like someone turned off a light switch.  By creating body heat and trapping it in the blanket, my skin's temp went back up and itch was gone.  Knowing this, I have refined this to using a heat source such as a car heater, hair dryer, or small portable heater (be careful), and wrapping up.  OR, my favorite, take a HOT HOT shower, and then immediately get out and wrap up under a blanket.  If your skin cools very slowly, you will be fine.  But if you stand around after the shower without trapping your body heat, the itch will return and drive you CRAZY.  If you are headed off to work, take a shower, get dressed immediately, jump into the car, and crank the heat way up.  You'll see that the itch goes away when the car heat gets high enough.

I know how crazy this all sounds, and that a doctor would laugh.  But I can almost guarantee that this will work for thousands of people who have a sensitivity to skin temp changes.  Some of you may have real allergys, but at least try this first.  Someday people will figure this all out so we don't all seem crazy.  Until then, heat up your skin!

Oh, and BTW...my dad has this same thing, and this has worked for him, too.  It must be genetic, so keep your eyes open for other family members who might have the same issue.

GOOD LUCK!
i am having itching for the last 2 years,initially it has my legs where itching started later it was whole body,i started cetirazine and also consulted one dermatologist,but itching never disappear,i am having dandruff also,or some other reasons are liable for this problem,one month before i have some small pimples on my both hands,i again consulted a doctor and he prescribed me alert tab and sporlac powder as well as cold cream, betnovate cream.it helped me a lot,but my itching is not going.tell me some medicine.
Be careful with all the prescription medication. I had burning, itch pricking me every time I went out for more than 5 years. 2 years ago, I put together an oats based natural unscented body wash. I don't get itch as much as I used to. I also make sure that I keep my skin moisturized at all times as I've noticed that extreme cold or heat can dry the skin and cause the prickly, burning itch especially when I go for a walk, when I sweat, exercise. Now I don't have problem going for a walk. The prickly itch has subsided. Get free samples of NoItch at probamashop *******
My itching began in hands and feet but did not present with any rashes (only small bumps and redness from scratching) since end of August 2010.  People have been advising me that is may be adult onset eczema but I do not have any rash, just constant itchiness.  Cortisone, other creams are not working.  Fearful of going to dermatologist who will prescribe steroids because all my friends who have eczema are never "cured".  Now (in October) the itchiness is radiating to my upper arms and thighs and occasionally my back.  

Going to try out Chinese medicine this weekend if time allows for this as I have developed a distrust of Western for semi chronic conditions.  (I had severe coughing every year of my life whenever seasons changed that lasts up to 8 weeks - Western docs always gave me antibiotics and inhaler, I finally tried Chinese and 3 applications of medicine cured me of coughing).
I have some itching problems on my fingers mostly. It Started a few days ago and it seems to get worst. It got on my other hand, palms and wrists. They are just like little bumps in one area that is itching i would guess bout 4-5 bumps around one area. It started off with one big bump and then another one then it started itching, Im gonna try and use some cream first, if it doesn't work I'll just see a doctor, if you know how to cure it please respond to this.
My itching started around hands and fingers with bumps and was told this is eczema and to try using Cortisone Plus.  Would cure itching for a grand total of 5 minutes.  You might need to see doctor if persists and at least make sure its not infection.  

I am almost positive that my over itching is due to alcohol.  A single glass of wine caused me to flare up all over with beginnings of rash.  I want to bite my arms off!
Been itching constantly for almost 3 years now. Allergist put me on Xyzal, an antihistamine allergy med. Been taking it almost daily since, however I've gained 100 lbs since then. Almost positive the antihistamine is responsible for the weight gain, but there isn't much I can do. I cannot go a day without my medication. I have an itching and burning sensation all over my body that only goes away if I don't move at all. Only physical symptoms happen when I firmly touch my skin with a finger, or any other object; this causes the area touched to raise up, and turn red. The medication doesn't make me drowsy, but kind of saps my willingness to do anything, almost as if depressed. I've been experimenting with topical treatments again, but they work partially at best, and not nearly as effective as the antihistamine. I've been to my main doctor, a dermatologist, and an allergist, all who have just sent me home with medications.
My itching started back in March of this year. For 6 months I was MISERABLE! I was constantly itching my entire body to the point of drawing blood. I went to my holistic doctor in April and he didn't know what to do with me. Thankfully, about 3 weeks ago I ran into a walk-in clinic begging them to give me something for the itching and, come to find out, I had SCABIES the whole time! Something so easy to get rid of! I have been itch free to 3 weeks now.

My symptoms with scabies were:
-Iching everywhere! Especially between fingers, toes, on palms and bottom of feet.
-The itching got worse after a shower.
-Increased itching at night.
-small bumbs on wrists, bottom of feet, palms, between fingers and between toes. These bumbs were filled with water and itched like CRAZY.

Seriously, most of the time I just wanted to rip my skin off. I thought I had to live like this forever! GO GET CHECKED!
hello! my eyes are filled with tears as i writed this. i just came to canada and i've been here for a month and a half. my body started itching me one morning, i scratched my whole body like crazy, the next thing i saw was some rashes all over me. within abt 4-5 minutes all da rushes went away and my body became normal. i didn't understand, later i thought it was bcos' i was feeling hot. it never came again till when i went to stay on bell island. there it started again, my body would start itching whenever i feel like am tired and sweating. i was taking to the hospital and they took my blood to test on it but den they came and said there's naffin' wrong in my blood. they asked me to send them a sample of my faeces which i have done and am still waiting for the result. my body itched me within some few minutes b4 i came to writed this. i am really suffering, i dunno what to to. someone pls HELP ME!!!!!!!!!1
hi ive being itchy all my life am 33 years old i scrach all the time all day long the dermatologis said theres nothing wrong with me but i have scars all over my body from scrachhing so much, please help
itching especially my scrotum sack
My itching started several years ago and only happens in Autumn. I love to open the windows when the air gets crisp. This year, I decided it was a reaction to pollen and hayfever allergies but I had a N.A.E.T. treatment and the itching is still here! It started on my hands and eventually spread to my arms, legs, abdomen, stomach, chest, and back. I have no rash but as I itch, little bumps come up and then I scratch them until I have little blood scabs. My back looks like I have a severe case of bacne. I have tried hot showers, cold showers, hydrocortizone cream, lubriderm lotion (doctor recommended), benadryl, zyrtec, clariton, sudafed, nasal sprays, steroids... nothing has worked. I am suprised that this discussion began 4 years ago with so many of us suffering from this crazy intense itching with no definite treatment... but I am going to try heating up my body as recommended by shunt163. If this doesn't work, I will go back to my accupuncturist and hopefully I can find relief there.

Good luck to all!
I too had much of what has been discussed here and I told a doctor at a walk in clinic and he gave me a prescription for Apo-Doxepin 10mg.  I asked no questions, filled the prescription and within 2 days noticed a difference and after a week the itching was gone completely.  Turns out this is an anti-depressant but is prescribed in this low dosage for problems with itchy skin.  I have tried to wean myself off but the itching just starts up again so I'm sticking with these pills.
I just recently started itching and its not only itching and its like a burning & itching sensation all over my body and its only when i get COLD!!! and it will go away when i get warm but as soon as i get cold it dose it agian!! and i dont know why!!! anyone else had this problem and knows what it is PLEASE let me know!!

THAKX
Had shingles 5 yrs. ago, eversince I've had itching at certain times during the year usually july to sept. Itching is primarily on scalp then travels to the rest of my body, no rash is present, Dr has prescribed a steroid pack, it stops the itching. Can't be on steroids for long periods. Since I had a Pacemaker  together with Meds I take, I can no longer take steroids. It's taking a while typing this 'cause I have to stop to scatch, aarrgghh, somebody H E L P!
I have been itching like crazy every where for two or three months now  NO rash only some dots on my hands and feet and if you pop them a clear liquid shows up. I also had bruises on my thighs but they went away now. I went to a dermatologist he said it was eczema my doctor did blood work and everything came back fine ER also said it was eczema but now my boyfriend has the same problem and two of our friends are getting the starting symptoms and NO ONE has an answer :(
hi, have you ever had a saliva test to check your adrenals? read a book called "adrenal fatigue, the 21st century syndrome" you might find a lot of answers in there.
I'm a 21 year old female, and I have a similar issue. I've been itchy all over my body for three months, with no welts or rash, just tiny little bumps. My skin isn't dry so I know it isn't eczema or something of that nature. I thought it was a nickle allergy, but I itch places where I am not exposed, and I don't have the red rash. I've basically positive it's not scabies because i've seen scabies and this doesn't match up. About the time the itching started, I had given up drinking and had been a fairly heavy drinker, so another suspicion I have is that it may be related to my liver recovering, or something along those lines.  I can't figure it out. It's been getting progressively worse. I feel like a crazy person.

Did Chinese medicine help you?
currently i'm laying next to my girlfriend and dog. and as i write this im scratching the skin off my body. i've decided to play a prank on my gf and pour some of my dead skin flakes on her. she has now begun to itch like me! so now romantically we can scratch each other. :-)  
I have that too it's terrible i get itchy everywhere laying down and sitting. It's annoying. I get bumps after I scratch and I don't think I'm allergic to anything.
About 2 months ago i started itching excessively, it will drive a person crazy won't it? And it can be very embarrassing like you have a bad disease or something.. I still drink regularly, and am working on drinking less just this week.. however i know my liver isnt doing any healing yet, and i itch.. but everyone is different it could be caused from your liver healing who knows.. It would be a good thing to heal, without having that as a side effect huh? I wonder about regular prescriptions if some cause itching as side effects along with allergies? I just started taking several prescriptions this last year and never ever took any kind of medication except for hormone replacement therapy. I take pristiq for depression and anxiety for about 6 months, levothyroxine- for hypothyroid for about 3-4 months. fish oil and multivitamins and recently i take adderol generic for a month which is for add.  do you take any of these medications by chance? Or any one else reading this?   bluebe45
My boyfriend has all the exact same symptoms for the last couple of months. Its becoming worse. He starts itching his ankles, legs, arms and torso yet there's no rash in sight. It happens when he becomes hot/warm and he has to leave the room, his office, restaurants etc to cool down. When he returns after a while the itching happens again. The dr's have taken blood tests yet to no avail as his blood, liver and kidneys were given the all clear. He takes anti histamines everyday and they don't work. Does any one have any suggestions as its very upsetting and makes me want to cry :(
hi everyone i have been itching for about a month now, lately i have been getting these small bumps on my body(they look like ant bites) but the more i itch them they become more red and swollen and they flame up on my skin. These bumps appear on my arms, hands, buttocks and sometimes feet. They appear, i itch like crazy and then they disappear, Im really confuse because I read and googled to see if i have scabies or bed bugs but I really don't know if its either or. I haven't gone to the dr because of course like everyone in this world I got laid off so therefore I have no insurance, I do have a 7mo old baby and I check his body to see if I gave him my unknown "bugs" but he's fine so far. Does anybody know or have any idea what i may have or what over the counter cream i can use??
Hi all,
I itch all the time, worst when I'm hot, my sweat makes me Itch VERY badly, my tears sting and itch my face, I itch from my partners saliva around my face and neck.  I have asthma, excema but somthing else unknown. I get a red kinda rash on my face cheeks, when it flares it's red, risen and weeps from little pimple like dots.

I've had this for years, i'm only recentley noticing my body and skin is kinda hot to touch?
I've always been a thin lass- still am, and I havn't exersised really since I was a teen I'm only 27 but mild exersise now makes me sweat and itch.

My Advice.
I try not to scratch( haha - crickey that doesn't always work, but it stops drawing blood and creating scabs that also itch) (btw. does scratching really feel great to you all? apart from hurting afterwards?)
I try to touch or push or hold my skin instead of ripping at it.
COLD showers ( just for a second - it's to hard any longer somtimes being so cold)
Cold ice pack especially for my face coz that's the worst to scratch at ey.

Chinese medicine/creams seems to be helping alot! / I rarley cry helplessly anymore :)

STOPS ITCHING
* Traditional Chinese fornula - Xiao Feng san --Danggui & Arctium Formula $ 10
STOPS ITCHING

and the cream really good on my face and super itchy welty areas, quick relife
( this is in mostly foriegn language but the paket says )

Triamcinolone Acetonide Acetate and Miconazole Nitrate and Neomycin Cream -  $5

At least try these.
My biggest sympathies and hope.
Let me know how you go, or if your the same as my symptoms :)

Cheers
It's so relieving knowing that I'm not the only one who experiences this. I. Get. SO. ITCHY. All the time. Especially when I get stressed or irritated or rushed. When I get out of the shower, sometimes I'm so itchy I am literally rushing to pat my skin dry and put lotion on (**after showers, blot skin dry, DO NOT RUB for it irritates your skin more and makes you itch more**) I tried Gold bond cooling relief lotion but that made my skin burn too much because of the 'cooling relief. My feet have gotten itchy and gold bond medicated foot powder has helped with that. (BTW at this very moment, my ears are getting very hot and itchy.) My scalp gets itchy after I shower or after I sweat at the gym. I have literally scratched my skin open and it sickens me so much. I have cuts and scrapes all over my legs and some on my stomach, chest, butt, and back. I can't stand the look of them; even as they begin to heal. Sometimes, from itching, I scratch them open by accident or i just keep scratching at them without realizing it. (stopping to itch my ears) I hate looking at my body and I refuse to show my legs to anyone. I've discovered a lotion that has helped more than previous ones have. It is called ******CeraVe******* and it's in a white bottle with a blue and white label. You can get it at Walgreens or CVS. It's a little pricey, BUT SO WORTH IT. It creates a barrier on your skin to block out dryness and whatnot. But anxiety still makes me itchy sometimes, especially in school. Along with this itching, I feel like I've developed some sort of irrational fear or gross or old things; it creeps me out so much and makes me itchy. I feel like a prisoner in my body with this constant itching. I just feel like my skin is crawling and it is the worst feeling in the world. Sometimes i just want to lay naked in my bed because it's the only place where I'm not constantly itching. THIS. IS. TORTURE. I don't know if it's just because it's winter here, or if maybe I'm just developing some sort of OCD, but I need help. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
my friend and i have been itching for about 2 months now, as well. it's terrible. there has been no rash on my friend, but i had a terrible one on the back of my neck and behind my ears. it has gone away now, but i still itch EVERYWHERE. There hasn't been a rash anywhere since then. My friend and i  mostly itch when we are being still and not doing anything. It mostly itches on our thighs and shins, and during early morning and night. Did that medicine help any? This has got to stop!! It's terrible for the both of us!!
I have a all over body itch which the Doctors and skin specialists are unable to cure I have no visable rash or any other signs.  My itch is even in my ears and up my nose the soles of my feet and every inch of my body. FGS help me!

Regards Alan.
Can Any one please help ????

Hi i am having problems it feels like things r crawling on my skin and causing me to be very itchy. I has no rash or no signs of anything visiable on the skin. This seems to worsen when sitting r lying down. I feel like something is crawling from my feet up my whole body. We have tried cleaning whole house for fear of bugs been in our house.

I have now read on the internet that it is possibly a Parasite in the body or in the skin ????? Does anyone know about this r can you help.
After trying every reasonable thing people listed in this forum, I found that phanatik was right. I've had this problem for 5 years. It's a vitamin B deficiency.

Started taking B complex. Legs stopped itching. When I forget to take it, they start itching again.

Get yourself some vitamin B.
This happening to me now also. I started at the end of my Christmas break and is definitely depriving of my much needed sleep. I randomly get these intense burning sensation that starts on my back and progress to the rest of my body except for my face and arms.
Wow!! I thought I was the only person going through this. I have Lupus and Fibromyalsia.  This irritating, aggravating itch began while I was in the hospital (January 2010). While in the hospital I was treated with morphine through IV to help with the pain associated with my disease. The nurse told me the itching was a side effect of the morphine and would go away.  Well, it's a year later and I am still itching.  The itch intensifies when I get wet.  Washing dishes, showering and God forbid trying to take a swim or getting caught in the rain.  For about 8 months the itching would began only when I get wet then I started itching just while I am sitting and now at night when I go to bed.  Which ever body part is next to the sheet is where the itch is.  I have tried changing my detergent and almost everything else.  I use Johnson and Johnson Baby wash, Eucerin Calming Itch Body Wash and Lotion to calm the itch.  It does not stop the itch but my skin does not itch and burn as much. After every bath, my eyes are filled with tears.  I bought a throw made with a very soft material (lamb).  After bathing and applying lotion, I wrap up in the blanket and sit still for about 15-20 minutes and the itch eventually goes away.  I am so disgusted with this until my skin crawl just thinking about it and I get disgusted with almost everything. Dust bunnies, mulch in a flower beds, food with seasoning, anything and almost anything makes my skin crawl now and I get the heebeejeebees....uuuuggghhhh!!!!  I can't take this any longer.  I constantly pray for relief and wonder why I have been cursed with this.  I have seen five different doctors, done I don't know how many blood test and no one has found a cure. I am currently taking Cyproheptad prescribed by an Allergist. This medication has caused me to gain weight but using it along with the body washes and cream is the only way I can function.  PLEASE HELP ME, PLEASE!!!!!!
When I am in bed in the morning, I don't want to get out of bed because I know I will start itching. Sometimes I have gone back to bed during the day just to get some relief. I have no rash but it whelps up when I scratch. I itch all over Head to foot! Anyone have this problem? I'm not depressed, so I don't want ya'll to think I sleep all the time, sometimes at night I can't go to sleep till I get to where I don't itch when I first get in bed.
Have any of you been tested for HIV? They say new symptoms are arrising for that virus.
I have been itching for three months now.  Mostly in my thighs and crease where my groin meets the thigh. There is no rash or redness. Weird! Doctor game me cream for eczema, which did not work.  I've tried various moisterizers for dry skin.  That did not work.  The combination of Cortizone 10 cream and Benedryl tablets has made it somewhat better. Back to the dermatologist I guess.
Well I wanted to give this a couple of days but, Tried the B- Complex and Kelp and it has worked. Thank you to the people who suggested it! I have PEACE! That is so tormenting,itching all the time. I am taking 1 of each once a day! Thanks again to all!
I would recommend anyone to be checked for scabies! This is not a joke and it is not a serious problem if you catch it and deal with it. My little brother recently had an episode, followed by my mother...a few months passed and I developed a horrible itchy rash (pimple like, pink, no ooze) on my mid section and inside my thighs. At first I thought I caught something from the gym (staph infection) or heat rash (from the sauna). It was a horrible feeling the first week as I started researching all over the internet what this itch was. At the same time I was fighting a rash on my inner elbow that worried me as well. I spend a few weeks panicking about a possible STD, psoriasis, or some never ending unknown itch! I was panicking really bad because I thought that I had caught something horrible that was taking over my entire body. Well three weeks later, and a visit to my nurse practioner (first doctor visit in years) the itch persisted. It would always get way worse at night to the point I couldn't fall asleep until 2-3am. Finally I told my parents about the itch that never stopped (3 weeks later) and they told me not to worry, it's only scabies, and they will treat me with a special scabies spray that was used to treat both my little brother and my mother. They are both no longer itching although it does take a few weeks after scabies treatment for all of the itching to stop completely.

As I type this I am standing sprayed neck down with the same anti scabies spray my family used. IMMEDIATELY I DO NOT FEEL SCRATCHING AT ALL. It just dissapeared after nearly a month of pain and terror. There are a variety of methods used to kill scabies and they all work. Please go see your doctor, nurse, etc or just find medication as soon as possible. THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE FOR THOSE WHO BECAME ITCHY RIGHT AFTER SOMEONE ELSE WAS ITCHING AROUND THEM. And after the treatment you need to dry clean all the clothes you've been wearing as well as garments, towels, etc to kill any last potential bugs.

DON'T WORRY! SCABIES SOUNDS REALLY BAD UNTIL YOU RESEARCH IT, TREAT IT, AND THAT'S THAT! The ironic part is I actually made a joke a few months ago with my friend about scabies and std's and he told me that is is not an STD...well little to his knowledge, scabies CAN be transmitted through any skin to skin contact with live scabies infection, with technically can be a transmitted sexually, but most likely it's some direct skin to skin contact with someone who's infected (as my family was).

I SURE HOPE THIS CLEARS ME 100% and I will repost as soon as I feel 100 better, like I said...it's only been 15 minutes with the spray and the itching is gone...I'm gonna have a good night sleep tonight.

HOPE THIS HELPS AT LEAST SOME OF YOU!

BEST,
DL

links to check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scabies (look at the pictures specifically)
I've suffered as well, at least for the past I'd say 4 years, and every now and then it stops but it always comes back.  No bumps, no scabs, no rashes, no nothing.  I've tried cutting out everything I thought could of been causing it, and my Dr. doesn't know what to make of it either.  I'm thinking I'm simply allergic to blended materials.  The strangest part is, I only itch when I'm at work.  Everyweekend or anytime I'm on vacation, I do not itch.  I don't know what's causing it.  Unless it's my stretch knits and blends I wear due to weight gain and so I buy anything stretch and lose.  Benadryl is the only thing that helps me so far.  And the weekends.  But it is a miserable existance.
My problem source seems to be UNDER the skin.  It seems to be in a layer of flesh under the skin and above a 'barrier' that is located near the skin, but under that skin.  It too is that sharp pain that might be found on the skin, but not so in my case.  I rub that skin area, but it doesn't help . . . so I stop it
and get on with life's activities.

Of interest, the sore area is primarily just below my knee and on the outside area of the knee, and to a lesser degree in the area of the inside ankle bone.
The main difficulty is with my left lower leg, but also occurs on the right
ankle (inside area).

My way of dealing with this is to "walk away" from it by getting on with whatever I'm doing.

For the last year, I was dealing with a very similar situation.  Itching all over body and no idea why.  Small little pimple like marks in various places all over body.  I ruled out a lot of scenarios:

Rat Mites from under house
Dust Mites
Scabies
Mold under house

After systematically knocking all these out with my doctor, the one scenario i came back to is when I originally experienced this condition.  It was when I bought some Salmon at Costco.  It was what looked like a very nice piece of farm raised Salmon, very pink in color.  Had it that night for dinner and woke up in the middle of the night itching like crazy everywhere.  After jumping on the internet in the middle of the night, I found out the source of my itching.  The chemical was either canthaxanthin or astaxanthin and it was added to the salmon to improve the color and appearance of the fish. http://www.westonaprice.org/modern-foods/610-is-something-fishy-going-on.html

My symptoms of constant itching all over body are very similar to when i ate the salmon.  I took allergy medication at the time and it relieved the problem.  For this current condition, I also am taking Hydroxyzine 25mg whenever the itching kicks up.  So far so good.
Hi to all who re suffering from itching problem 4 month back i was diagnose with jaundice, from that time my body started itching problem, 1st it was on hand and legs only, but not it started itching all over the body and 24X 7, it started any time in a day and goes automatically, i m having cough also, i took lot of medicine for liver disorder and other health problem its i m not recovering. Is their any one who had jaundice or any other liver disorder with this problem please talk on this with me we can find out some solution with this.
Have you looked into Dermagraphism?  About 2 years ago, I started itching uncontrollably all over and was breaking out in hives (something that used to never happen before); after failed creams and misdiagnosis, a dermatologist diagnosed me with Dermagraphism.  Prescription strength Allegra (antihistamine) was the only thing that helped; if it is what you have, there's no cure for it.
This may seem as a low tech simple solution for many of the people on here that have itching problems, but I like simple stuff, and although what I write may not be so simple; I'm breaking down my own experiences with itchiness and my own research.

So here it is:
Drink more good water and include potassium rich foods in your diet, and monitor the color and quantity of your urine.

A lot of itchiness can be caused by an electrolyte imbalance and/ or just plain dehydration.
Potassium is a key factor in the balance in the hydration of the body.
Sodium/ salt, is also a key factor in the bodies hydration.
As far as I've studied, potassium controls the hydration within the cellular structures, and sodium controls the hydration outside of the cellular structures.
By Law only 99mg of potassium per dose of a supplement can be sold under the USDA.
That is only (3) percent of the same USDA's daily recommendation for an adult. And; it is recommended to drink a full glass of water or juice (16oz) with it.
Good gosh, look at a typical can of soup or other canned food and look at the sodium levels.
Here are some figures from a can of chili; Sodium 1030mg- (43)% DV/ Daily Value.
There is no balance here and the body can not rid itself of toxins if it is holding water because of the influence of sodium.

Some of you can definitely benefit from this information.

Thank you, thank you thank you! My son has been experiencing similar itching to what you described. I always feel so helpless. Tonight he was on the verge of tears, and so was I. I jumped online to see what I could find and saw your post. I had him jump in the shower and then get under the covers as you described, and the itch went away immediately! Right now he is smiling and playing video games. With much gratitude, Andi
Thank you!  So far so good! My daughter has been dealing with the itching and other illnesses for the past 2 1/2 years and the doctors said she was allergic to Yeast, Wheat & Gluten but does not have Celiac Disease, mold, grass, pollen, grass, cats, dogs, other foods and the list goes on and on.. the diagnosis made no sense to us because she could eat all of the foods above and have no reaction and have been all of her life. It all started with Strep Throat, Acid Reflux, Hiatal Hernia then came the allergies. She would only itch when she lies down to go to sleep.  All of the bedding, pillows, laundry detergent are all hypo allergenic. She can sit in the bed for hours or all day and never itch but as soon as she would ly down to fall asleep, it would start, head, legs, arms, feet, everything would start to itch. It would literally take 6-8 hours to fall asleep even with taking 2-6 Benadryl's a night.  We have tried all kinds of remedies and prescription drugs. I purchased Nature's Bounty B-Complex and the first night she took it, she itched , the second night (itched a bit), third night (NO ITCHING), fourth night (NO ITCHING) and tonight will be the fifth.  I will update in about one month and let you all know how things are going.  It's just so good to see her sleep  finally and not waking  up feeling like her existence is for nothing.
i have been dealing with itching on my lower legs and scrotum now for sometime, among several other symptoms. Ive been to medical doctors many times now to no avail. I finally took my health matters into my own hands and looked to the naturopathic medical community for help. It has changed my entire life and health dramatically. Please; for the sake of everyone out there looking for relief from anything from itching to fibromyalgia to cancer, there are answers in the natural field of medicine. The human body is an biological entity and therefore responds to biological treatments and medications, not manufactured drugs and chemicals that big pharma companies produce to make large profits. Does that make sense to you...Im sure it does if you think about it long enough. Anyway to get on with the itching problem; there is something that most people are dealing with and the medical community never recognizes and it is called (candidiasis). It is an systemic condition that occurs from an embalance of flora in the digestive tract and can travel through out the body and cause many different symptoms from itching to many chronic illnesses. Itching can be caused by many different things from allergies to simple airborne particles, food , many things can cause it depending upon the individual . There are some products you can find on the internet in the way of probiotics that will help balance the flora in your gut and over time get rid of your itching and improve your health in many other ways also. Look up an product called (threelac), this is an very effective probiotic that will, along with a healthy diet of green vegetables and eliminating all sugars and refined and boxed products from your diet, help rid yourself of many unwanted health issues. There is also a product called (MMS) miracle mineral solution that when applied topically will stop itching if it is caused by any form of bacterial or viral infection.You can look both of these items up on the net. MMS can also be taken internally for many different ailments (all though warned against by the FDA) , but then they are"nt making big bucks off of it !! Ive taken it both internally and used it topically with excellent results; It will stop itching within a short time of topical application.You must mix it with water and apply it with a small pump spray bottle according to the protocol you get with the product. I use an 3oz. spray bottle and about 12 drops of MMS mixed in with it... Enjoy your good health and remember you are what you eat!!! Jet:
For last 3 months or longer I have been very itchy above waist. Especially when entering the shower. More itch, it seems to my back. I'm not a smoker, am some overweight and keep a good diet plan but enjoy the goodies. My case wouldn't be STD. I itch, but not to take an instrument to me other than a hairbrush to reach up the back.  HELP
I too have itchy skin. I have hives that form in the shape of lines from me scratching, they burn as they form and disappear within 30mins. I can't stop scratching. I've had this issue for years and 20years later I'm still fighting demographic also known as skin writing skin condition smh
I have been experiencing severe burning and itching on my neck, chest, armpits, back, thighs, and behind my knees for almost a week now. I have had to go to the doctors 4 times already and am only 21 years old i am noticing that everyone on here is a little older and i was hoping on some advice. I have been put on prednizone, benedryl, kenalog ointment, sarna lotion, zantac, zyrtec, atraraz, and larazepam. not all at the same time of course but nothing is working and i am actually burning more then inching. It feels like a horrible sunburn/ needles. My doctor is baffled and i am going to go see him again tommorow, but i am at a complete loss!
shunt,
i have had the exact same itching for 6 weeks now, and everything you have described is THE ONLY thing that works. i know it sounds crazy, but you are correct. i came to the same conclusion on my own, but it is so counter-intuitive that i just didn't believe it until i read your post. it has to do with how fast you introduce your skin to temp changes, and with the humidity level.
i moved into a house that was super cold all the time, and super dry, and i have been itching non-stop! thanks- excellent advice.
jeremy
TWO AND ½ ITCH FREE DAYS!  Sorry for the caps, but I’m very excited and hopeful.  I won’t go into too many symptom details as they are so similar to so many of you who posted.  Severe itching, welts, lost sleep, etc.  I have some allergies (dust, pollen, but no food) but on rx meds so histamine reaction was ruled out by allergist.  Did the lotions, and creams no help.  Changed to ‘free’ soaps and detergents, no help.  Take Benadryl daily, no help.  Then I read the post by TFurrows about Vitamin B on Monday.  Went to the store after work, bought Vitamin B-100 Complex and had my first ITCH FREE night!  It’s been 2 ½ itch free days and it’s been great.  

If you’ve ruled out other obvious causes, try the Vitamin B…really…what have you got to lose…except maybe the itch?

Good Luck!
so glad Ive found this site now I can relax abit knowing that its not in my mind as my so so "sympathetic!!" doctor keeps telling me!!! my itching started in my scalp,I was given 2 types of shampoo which made the itching worse!! Ive now been put on Betnovate which as far as the itching on my scalp is concerned is amazing but unfortunatly now Ive sorted my scalp out the itching has spread all over my body! ("gutted"!) so after reading the info on here Im now gonna go back to my docs without feeling like its all in my head!! and believe this time I want help not just to be shoved out the door with the feeling Im wasteing his time!! thanks to all that have overcome the embarresment to write about their itching and what uve all found to help stop or control itxxx
This is the first time I have ever heard anyone NEARLY describe my experience.
I itch. No rash, just itch.
It is worse at night as I undress and put on pajamas, then it continues for up to two hours after I get to bed.
I scratch until my skin rises up in welts.
The only thing that seems to help is a stiff hair brush.
The itching at first feels prickly, then hot when I start scratching.
I need help.
I am itching all over and I cant sleep I had poison ivy a few weeks agp bit it like the rash went away and the itching stayed but only worse its like a non stop itch and nothing helps it idk what to do
I am 28 years old and for first time in my life have a sudden onset of itching all over my body for the past month almost . I went to the dermatologist she was treating me with steroids for allergic reaction . After finishing steroids itching is back. Went to md and she said urticaria but I don't have hives yes my skin gets red and a little red bumps form from scratching but it look more like irritation from my scratching than anything . Md did blood work up on me and results were a positive ana result. It was a low positive . So now I am worried thinking I have lupus . Md says I should go to an allergist but I think its a rheumatologist that I should be seeing ? I am in health care so I do know a little bit . And my doc tells me not to worry easier said then done . What should I do ? Itching is sporatic not all the time . And its on arms legs belly n chest . Skin doesn't look rashy or hives . It looks red and irritated when I itch it . I don't have any family history of lupus and I dnt have any other symptoms of lupus . What do I have ? What should I do ?
I am the same as you . Itch all over body but no rash,, just irritation from scratching. I have had it for 6 months. Went to another doctor who suggested a xray of chest and a abdomen ultra sound checking me for hodgkins disease. Symptoms of this disease are itching, night sweats, fever, glands up in neck, under arms. They cant tell if you have this disease with a blood test. Please see your doctor.
For the last 4 days, the itching killing me. Like every body else here, I am itching all around my body: one place after anotehr. I took Vitamin B complex (one tablet today) and will continue taking it, and let you know if this will stop my itching. I did have this problem in the past, but it did not last more than 3 days, and it was recovered on its own. But this time, it is taking much longer to recover, not sure when I will recover fully. Its killing me.
I am back again.
Today is my third day of taking Vitamin B 100 Complex. What I have noticed is that the itching tendency and its effect have significantly reduced by today. I take one tablet in the morning each day. I am able to clearly notice that the level of pain has significantly dropped down to 30 percent from its original 100% 3 days ago. I did take Bryndal tablet when I could not stop from itching. Bryndal tablet caused me to sleep.
I am now at least convinced that I will be recovered very soon, as I can feel that the itching effect has been significantly reduced and it’s less severe, which was not the case until 3 days ago.
Today is my 7th day from the date of first itching and 3rd day from the date of taking Vitamin B complex. I took this advice from one of our previous colleagues in this forum, who suggested that use of Vitamin B complex gradually relieved her daughter from itching and by the third day she noticed significant effect. Same is happening in my case as well. I took her advice and thought that it is worth trying. After all, there is some sort of chemical reaction going on inside our body and using external means hardly prevents from itching. After all, there is nothing to lose by taking Vitamin B 100 complex (I guess). I also provided different energy source to my body and kept eating meat, fruits and as much energy as needed to my body. The idea was to defeat this chemical reaction that is taking place inside our body.
Good luck!
Your symptoms are almost identical to mine. When I first started experiencing this terrible itch, I even thought I might have excessive dust mites, so I spring cleaned and sprayed, although I am a very clean person and no one else had symptoms. I have no rash to speak of, but this is the second time in 6 months I have suffered with this. Occasionally I can see tiny spots when the itch is excessive.
I am much worst at night and in the morning, and after a shower. I haven't been to a doctor as usually there's nothing to see and I'd feel stupid. But it's driving me mad. I have told myself it's in my head and tried ignoring it, but it wakes me up so it can't be.
I would welcome any help.
This is my 8th day of itching all over my body one part after another.
At first I thought that taking vitamin B 100 complex subsidised my irratation. However, today, I had again terrible itching all over my body again. Usually it happens after I take some meal.
Really not sure how to cure this itching.
I will sure post if I get any better.
Nick
I have been itching for over 3 months.  Started on arms, then just seemed to be everywhere.  I have reviewed the previous months on my calendar and found something that might be the cause.  I had my first set of "fake" fingernails put on just before Christmas. Soon after, I developed a infection/inflamation in the white of my eye called Scleritis.  This was treated with a steriod drop.  My eye has cleared up for the most part with only occasional pain, again treated with the steriod.  I finally let the nails grow out and peeled them off (painful!... pay the $10 to get them removed at the salon!).  The itching has not stopped.  It is worse at bedtime. So far no creams or lotions have worked. I just now applied Blue Goo (a smelly concoction used for pain, am waiting to see if it works.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks, ldkc
Same problem. That just described what I have been going throught the past month and a half. I was prescibed some steroids although it hasnt helped my friend has the same problem but ask your doctor about scabies thats what I'm going to do.
Today is my 8th day of itching my body all over. Today is a great relief for me.
0. Took Vitamin B 100 complex for the last 3 days (one tablet daily), but stopped taking it today realising that it did not help me much (may be untrue).
1. Cleaned my toes and fingers with hot/warm water.
2. Used hydrocortisone cream as prescribed by my doctor (this does not have much direct relief but seems to have longer term effect in protecting skin).
I3. Took shower (Usually hot, that gives much instant relief but seems that it does not help reduce itching after shower). So, better take shower with warm water)
4. Decided not to take any Benadryl. However, I developed severe itching all over my body by 8 PM. I could not stop from itching. So, finally, I decided to take Benadryl tablet.
5. Went to bed and had 12 hours of long sleep.
5 Woke up in the morning (9 AM).
6. Realised that my room temperature is too high, and it may be the cause of severe itching. So, I turned off my heater controller. That means my room temperature is down to 23 degree centigrade.
7. As I did not eat any breakfast, except milk tea (coffee is considered not good), and another glass full of lemon water, I did not develop any itching the whole day.
8. Its 11 PM here today, and good news is that I do not need to take any Benadryl tablet today before I go to bed.
9. Not sure if my taking of Vitamin B 100 complex had some good effect on it or not. Or it may be that my room temperature was higher than normal, which developed further itching on my body.
10. Please try all of the above mentioned procedures, and keep yourself warm and healthy, drink a lot of fluids, and eat less than normal but drink a lot of water (warm water), clean your body, clean your fungus if you have any in any parts of your body, and try your best to get away from it.
I am hoping that my hives will eventually go away.
I will keep you posted if I get further better soon.
Thank you all for reading my posting and please keep on trying your best, and never give up! The itching will be gone sooner; no doubt about it.
Nick
As said earlier on March 16, following using a Vitamin B 1000 complex for four nights, one tablet daily, and 5-6 tablets of Antihistamine before bed, I have not taken any other medications so far. I do have mild itching on and off, but not to the extent that I have to take Antihistamine/Bryndral any more.
The itching starts usually after I take my meal or after I take some other medicine (not related to itching). However, the burning and itching level has gone significantly down and it does not disturb my regular work any more.
I will keep you posting if I get better any time soon. As I said before, please try your best to get better and never give up. Try all of your avenues.
I suffered from the same itching all over.  It would go from my head to my toes depending on the day.  (There's the clue!)   I had enough doctors shrud their shoulders...not knowing what to do for me.  I put up with it for years, until one day I was complaining to my doctor about being moody, she told me it was stress related and presribed a mild anti-anxiety/depressant.  Guess what??? The itching stopped!!!!    The day I forget to take it...the itching comes back
I hope this helps...I know what you have been going through.  

Good luck to you all.
This is what I'm worried about.  I saw my massage therapist last week and said the pain in my neck is from a swollen lymph node.  I have been itchy now for the past 4 mos.  What do the test consist of?  I made an appt. with an ENT.
Its my 19th day since I first started itching.
The level of itching/burining has droped down significantly.
Only time that I feel a minor itching/buring around my neck and back is after I take dinnner.
It is not severe and I can continue working on my regular duties without any difficulties.
I hope that it will be recovered fully soon.
My brother suffered from such severe skin rashes, that as a healthy, 16-year-old male, he was afraid to even ride a skateboard because the hives/dots/rash would come every time his body temperature rose... It turned out that he was allergic to gluten. After he was tested for celiac disease, my mom and I both got tested and we were both also allergic to gluten.  My brother's hives/rashes stopped after discovering his gluten allergy.

Now, 10 years later, I have twin 4-year-olds.  My daughter is perfectly healthy. My son is not. He suffers from skin irritation so bad, his skin bleeds from scratching.  He's been diagnosed w/ a severe wheat, peanut, and CORN allergy.  We've changed his diet and his stomach problems have stopped, but his skin problems continue.  He's had steroids, every type of cream out there, we've switched foods, soaps, detergents, etc.... I just don't believe that the reason for all of his suffering is "eczema." Even if it is eczema, what is CAUSING this?  It affects his every hour.  He is suffering so badly...

On another note, reading this board, I noticed a lot of people mentioning itchiness where their palms, soles of their feet, "folds" of their body itches. Scabies is a possibility.  Especially if your itching becomes worse at night.  Just a thought, google the symptoms.  Please help me with my son. He's so young and he's suffering so badly...
Hi there my problem is diferent. Sometimes when i look at unsual things my body just start itching. for it stance there other day i was baking a waffle  and it come out in an unsual way. I got itchy that i immediately threw in the bin.Sometime if i see many pimples gathererd in one place i get itchy. Is this normal..... anyone?
I have been dealing with a serious itch all over my body minus my hands feet and face, this all started 9months ago, my body brakes out in hives and from there I scratch it all most raw the itching is unbearable and don't know how I have not gone crazy,I have been to the doctors many times and i have been told that I have allergic contact dermatitis, this all started from me dyeing my hair one week later my skin started to break out, I am allergic to something but am not sure what it is, I do have a dermatology appointment next week and pray that I get some answers. If you have sudden itching,hives and a rash look into ALLERGIC CONTACT DERMATITIS.
Prior to this starting 9months ago I have never had any allergies and my skin had never been a problem.
I am also starting to realise that my itching did start a week after I coloured my hair. I was also beginning to suspect that my itching must have some relationship with this hair colouring pigment. Because, this time, I had chosen to use a complete new hair coloring and it had started to burn my head for a long time during my hair coloring as well. Not only this, the itching happened a year as well as two years ago; but not until I used certain kinds of colouring pigment in a saloon. I never realised that it was the hair colouring pigment that might have caused the etching. I do agree with this. Outside the hair coloring cream, the company had warned to test it before using, but I did not decided to test it, and noticed severe burning of my head during coloring (it was done in a saloon outside my home;  I usually color my hair at home).
And, my itching also began at about a week after I did this job. But good news is that currently, I do not have any itching problem anymore, except I would say 3 percent of what it used to have a month ago. That means, I do not have any itching problem anymore. I would be very cautious to use a new hair colouring pigment from now on.
you dont have to do that to get scabies!! you can get it from anyone who has it its contagious so anyone could have it and you not know
I have the same symptoms as most people here. My itch starts when I am hot. Hot shower, sun, exercising is crazy. When I first noticed this, I was pregnant, the summer of 2008. I had to sit under an air conditioner  or I was in tears. I was also diagnosed with gestational diabetes and started using splenda more. After giving birth the symptoms went away. now for about four months they have returned with a vengeance.  I have been on a low carb, low salt, low calorie diet.I am going to try the vitamin b-100 and also stop using splenda. I don't if that would be the cause but I use to like hot showers.
I've had chronic itching of mainly the calve area of my legs but it will occur in other places. I have recently undergone two Colon surgeries. The first was pain managed using an epidural block, which failed sometime during surgery. I was in the ICU for a couple of days after recovery and I mentioned to the RN that I had a lot of itching. Without a second's delay she told me we have just the 'thing' to stop the itching. It was another IV pain med called Nubain. It was absolutely incredible how soon the itching stopped. the problem is that Nubain is not supplied in tablet form. I was surprised that Nubain could be administered along with the Dilaudid that I was taking for pain control. I am trying to find what might be a suitable replacement. John
To whoever this may concern, I  want you to know that I esperience the same thing, so you are not crazy.I thought  that I was the only one. First I thought it was the soap, or the detergent. I change my soap i change my detergent I dont know how many time nothing was working. But I realized that when I cover myself with a blanket, I stop itching. and when I walk in a cool place I start to itch. I know it sound crazy,but it's true.Maybe it is the changing of the weather. P.S In the summer I don't itch.
My daughter has been diagnosed with eczema since she was 2weeks old. Even though the western docs don't believe it, I believe it was because of the antibiotics I was given intravenously for 20 hours while I was in labor. I didn't realize that my good bacteria was going to take a very long time to get back to normal that even breastfeeding didn't really help her get her good bacteria up. A pharmacist in Canada told me her gut flora was imbalanced causing the eczema. And that's how I came to blame the antibiotics.

4 years later, still dealing with it, after all western docs discounted the imbalanced gut flora (even dermatologist and allergist) I discovered essential oils and natural medicine. It's taking time but I'm seeing improvement. The naturapath agreed on the antibiotics.

I will try the vitamin B complex on my daughter. I'm suspecting Candida as jet50 mentioned because the naturapath told me she has an overgrowth of yeast in her gut. Good bacteria keeps the yeast balanced while refined sugars feed the yeast. If you crave sugar all the time, you may be suffering from an overgrowth of yeast in your system.

Another thing I read was that eczema might be caused by liver disorder. Her being little, I suspect an overburdened liver...too much crap going through her body. Overburdened or toxic livers...one symptom is intense itching. So to stop the it, unburden the liver and detox it. I started doing that with her.

Now, I am praying she's going through a healing crisis. Look it up. It's something your bodies go through when you start to detox your bodies and go natural. I'm removing all processed foods from her diet. Trying to eat whole foods.  Remove wheat and milk. Trying to turn her body alkaline with foods and alkaline water while staying away from things that turn your body acidic like processed food and modern medicine. I stopped all steroids the doctors gave her because steroids will thin the skin with prolonged use. I met a lady who suffered eczema since she was young...since her mom didn't know about the dangers of steroids, her skin is now so thin that it tears and bleeds with a scratch if she's not on it with vitamin A oils. I found a natural cortisone at the health store. I am using essential oils on her especially Frankincense and lavender.

One more thing I observed is that stress triggers my daughter's eczema, itching. When she gets frustrated or when she feels the stress of the adults in the house. I learned that affirmations help her. She is still a little too young to understand so it's a challenge getting her to do it all the time. Read 'you can heal your life' by Louise Hay. I count with my daughter to calm down and I sing her affirmations to her if she won't do it.

Those of you still having issues, please try unburdening your liver and detoxing it. You might go through a healing crisis but that's good. Good luck.
So I am 17, and I have been itching all over my body every second of the day for about a month and half now. It really is torturing me. I have to leave my window open every night, because the cold air really helps relieve my skin from itching, but then in the morning its freezing. I would just want the itching to end, so if any one has any ideas or knows a doctor that can help it would be great thank you.
i'm going thru the same thing as most of you guys...i itch all over... im soon going to try the vitamin b comlex. i hope that works. I was wondering if anyone who has posted here has had  a family member with foot fungus.... when i was taking medication for my foot fungus the itching all over my body went away for a while. it seemed like lamisil was doing the trick. i ran out of pills and i still have nail problems so i dont know for sure if its a fungus infection that was making me itch... if you look up fungus infection,it says that it could feel like things are crawling on you..just wondering cuz you can get fungus from anywhere even pets..  ive seen some post on here that they get more itchy when there wet or its rainy..... .                                                                                                                                                                      Fungi grow best in warm, moist places, and they can spread from person to person. You can get a fungal nail infection from walking barefoot in public showers or pools or by sharing personal items, such as towels and nail clippers. If you have athlete's foot, the fungus can spread from your skin to your nails.      im not a doctor, but im trying to figure out the same problem as most of you.  you never know.............................................................................................. my doctor also told me it was in my head.....                       .....................
I started itching tingling and like beinbg stuck with a million needles at once before Thanksgiving.didnt want to but I finally went to the ER and they admitted me. I have ITP for about 6 years and had kidney failure 2 years ago. They removed my spleen for the ITP ( your body kills its own platlets ) it worked for about 5 years and when I was addmitted they said my platlet count was at 16, the next morning it was 13. normal is145. The dr. told me then that the itching was from my low platlets but would not realy help.. NO INSURANCE!
Im 14 years old i have the same irritating skin problem as everone elce im athletic and very healty untill about 7 months ago ... I started haveing theses horrible itching problems! My parents said its dry skin or maby its the laundry detergent or its the weather! Its not! Im litterially thinking about suicide... Im probley not gonna kill myself but it hurts so bad i cant enjoy exercizing, video games, school, sports, my girlfriend , nothing i went to the dermatloligest he put me on some type of lotion it dident work...i want to persuse my life in the miliraty but i cant bare my problems with my skin. Even now currently itching as i write this ... Please i beg for someone to help i lack sleep im a wreck ... Help ... Please email  j.***@**** if you can help.. Please
me and my twin sister both change our hair couloring pigment  3weeks ago we both been iching constantly ever sence we have been taking hydroxyzine for 2 weeks so far we still iching we now thinking about going back to the doctor it is very unconfortable we think it can be related to the hair dye if anyboby can help please let us know how you got better
I also have had constant itching,hives, dermatographism & angioedema for 4 months.  There are two stages I experience with mine; an electrical "shock" type experience that runs through my body & then turns to feeling like my skin is crawling, and the second stage is uncontrollable itching/hives that often lands me in the ER.  Uncontrollable itching always comes with uncontrollable shaking that looks like DT's.  I've tried many different antihistamines & ideas I've found on the internet & nothing has ever made the itching entirely stop.  I've been to the ER twice in the same day several times.  Four hours after the medications wear off, I'm back to intollerable itching.  I learned the maximum amount of each antihistamine I can take.  I'm currently taking 100-200 mg of hydroxyzine, 300 mg of ranitidine, anywhere from 0-200 mg of benedryl & 10 mg loratadine daily.  I have been taking this concoction for about 3 months now.  I've tried several times to lower & slowly eliminate the antihistamine's and all it does is bring back stage 2 of the itching.  For the first month I also had to take up to 90 mg of prednisone.  I argued against taking prednisone & then ended up getting angioedema that caused breathing problems so I ended up complying with my dr's advice.  Two allergists worked with me, the first had me taking 20-28 allergy pills a day.  He abruptly took me off prednisone & l developed adrenal insufficiency symptoms.  I've now had severe adrenal symptoms for about 6 weeks & am undergoing tests for an official diagnosis.  

The second allergist dx'ed me with dermatographism & said that it's a sign of a long term systemic infection that could be viral or bacterial.  My test results have always come back normal.  I've had CBC, ANA, and the test that measures the amount of histamine in your blood.  Even during a hives reaction, my blood tests have always indicated it's not an allergic reaction so doctor's are stumped.  I have visible symptoms, though, so thankfully they don't think I'm completely nuts.  This fiasco has cost me my life, basically.  I've lost my job (small company so it's legal), I've had to have my parents be the primary caretakers of my young son, and I've had to take a medical leave from school at the last minute because I couldn't catch up by the end of the semester.  I have several theories on why the itching and hives occur.  The only correlation I've found is that several times I have been cutting my finger nails or cuticles right before a full blown episode happens so it could be physical hives of some sort.  The other theory I have explains many of my symptoms.... I read a medical study that found that a flood of hormones being released into your system can mirror an allergic reaction.  That could explain why my blood work comes back that I'm not having an allergic reaction WHILE I'm in the hospital with itching & swelling.  Next time I'm going to ask if they can measure my hormones in any way to see if this is occuring.  I'm not taking the "chronic hives can be idiopathic & we may never know its cause" as an answer.  So PLEASE keep the posts coming!  I hope we can all find correlations with our symptoms, treatments, and causes that can help each other so we don't have to itch anymore!  It's horrible!
I have the problem. I am goin  to try to get off sugar now itching everywhere and unbearable. the only time I may get some" red bumps" qre in the ankles and wrists when I cant stop itching, I was told that it is the itching of the skin that can create the welts. I am scarred on ankels and wrists right now my neck under my chin is so itchy I sure dont want to have to get a scar there. I took a couple of benadryl and I amn going for a oatmeal soak. From reading all of you I am thinking that it is some impurities that my body is throwing off not necessacerally even from food . go look up chem trails on internet they are putting aluminium  in our air for global warming to reflect heat back out and maybe you get on the team to stop this environmental hell the government is doing to us to combat global warming . there is proof they do it even  it is illigal although they keep doing it. I think my or our best bet is to purtify our  body systems as mucjh as possible so that we can withstand this artificial onslaghaut of violations. Our skin is the first defence against any infection or poison. But it sounds like we shoiuld ffirst eliminate powssibkle cross contaminnations like scabies for thew sake of us all. lab tests can fail so we might need to get re tested . i have seen tests come up negative untill 3 lab tests were done,to itchy to spell check right now. at least there are others. thanks.
I have a condition called Sarcoidosis and have been itching for years...I don't itch all of the time..but I have had some serious outbreaks of welts at times ..for the past 20 years or so I have either been on Allegra or a drug called Sinequan which makes me very drowsy but usually subsides the itch...I can scratch until I blead..the itching sometimes begins with a crawling feeling inside of my body, maybe some pinching pains and it also seems to affect my breathing...It almost always happens with change of seasons to warm weather and it used to happen at my monthy menstruation or if I wasn't getting it monthly, when I was getting it..when my whole body is not itching, my feet and hands itch so much it drives me crazy..I find that when I itch, the only thing that helps me is cold..I put my feet and hands in the snow in the winter if it is happening in that season....but it is drives me to welt all over the body when I scratch...right now, I have an outbreak and am crazy..I took Allegra in the morning which I always do whether I am itching or not..it's so I don't itch but I guess I will have to resort to the Sinequan tonight...I think mine is from the Sarcoidosis or the Allergies symptoms that come with that auto-immune condition....
Severe internal all over itching, night sweats and swelling of hands and feet are symptoms of Hodgkin Lymphoma. I started having these symptoms back in August 2009 and was finally diagnosed in October 2010 with this cancer. After my first chemo treatment in November 2010 the itching stopped. I went to every specialist on the EastCoast for almost 15 months and none of them had a clue. I have taken every allergy med out there, had a chunk of my leg cut out for a biopsy, tried every skin cream from a dermatologist, etc...It's like your blood itches and there is no relief when scratching/digging into the skin.
Don't ask, but tell your Drs. that you want a CT or a PET scan with contrast to see if you have any tumors, usually from the waist up. Rather be safe than sorry and if it is not Hodgkin's Lymphoma, then at least that is ruled out.
I hope that this helps.
Hey im 14 and got this random itching about 2-3 months ago. yesterday morning i went to the doctor and he said it was a viral thing messing with my body and my body was over reacting. and it was quite common so he put me on steroids which is very helpful and i havent itched sense. also something else im taking is zysomething but anyway should be at any big stores and drug stores like walmart, cvs, walgreens,etc so hope this helps goodluck!
Spitless tobacco, such as SNUS,  was the source of my itching problem. I used it for about 3 months and started to itch severly. Stopped using SNUS and could tell a difference with in 24 hours.
i also have been exeperience wat u guys are saying n am not able to get the medicine to combat it i wonder where de world is going cos with this technology still som disease has no cure but god can help us let's believe in him
Sagbond: You can get the medication from the drug company, if, you can't afford it and have no drug insurance. Go to your clinic and tell them to get your medcations you need from the pharmaceutical company that makes your medicine, it is called The Patient Assistance Program thru the manufacturer of your medication. Please try this and don't give up, insist they call the company!!!!!!    From: Itch like crazy too! Not as bad, since I got medicine!
have the same problem! i have been itching for about six months. My urge to itch is usually at it's peak when I am either sitting or laying in my bed. Although i have had no fever, the itching is terrible. I even have the urge to itch my toes and fingers.  The worst place is around my thigh area. I took lev0 cet for 3 months and then was told by my endochronolist( my TSH is high im taking eltroxin 100mg 6day week. to take atrax for 25 days..yet the itching is not gone wht is the reason and the correct treatment should i get an allergy patch test done

Please help immidealty
i know the posts are a little old but i got to try,
alright to start off im an 18 year old male from the eastern canada, im about 5'10 185 pounds.
for the last 3 years ive an uncontrollable itch all over my body, (its easier to list the parts that arent itchy such as hands, feet and genital area) it feels like stabbing needle like pains that you can scratch over and over but get no relief.
ive noticed, and believe im not crazy, that on my thighs, upper arms and back are little red spots under every hair in this area. not swoolen or puffy, just there. they have no puss in them or anything and there barely visable but every spot has a normal hair growing out of it.
now im fairly healthy, i play football and skateboard quite often.
as of the last 8 months going outside, doing anything to increase my body temp is out of the question cause sweating causes me to itch icredibly bad. showering is the most painful part of the day cause that also causes me to itch severly.
when an itch starts it spreads fast then im scratching for 2 hours and bleeding from trying to make it stop.
please somebody help me ive been to an allergy specialist and he said im "faking" it and been to nearly 10 doctors to no prevail, please help, i cant enjoy anything anymore, i cant play sports or hang out with friends when it sunny or warm out, i feel like a vampire, never leaving house. i feel like im trapped. i had to drop out of school because of the terrible itch.
so anyone that has anything that could help, please tell me,so i can have a life again...
I just want to let everyone knows that I have been itching about 2 years now. I dont know what it is. But I am tired. I went to doctor after doctor and nothing. I am not crazy, but something is eating me up real bad. I cannot eat foods with citric acid in it, no sugar, nothing sweet, no fruits, hardly nothing. I takes Benadryl at night to help me sleep. It is embasarrsing when I go to work I just itch and itch so I goes into the bathroom and  put rubbing alcohol all over my body. It slows my itching down, but not to much.I can't eat my favorite food anymore which is pizza, and I do not know why. I had my all of my water lines in house changed to filtered water because I thought maybe it was the water here.I live in Houston and I don't know if it is the humidity here or not. I went home to Memphis last week end and no problems there.I don't know what it is, but it feels like bugs crawling all over my legs and arms. I even changed my soaps and washing powder...If anyone can help me please let me know what to do, okay? I am desparate!!!!!
Like the rest of you, I itch like crazy all the time and don't have a clue on what to do about it… short of scratching.  With that in mind, I'd like to recommend the world's best back scratcher, from, appropriately enough, http://www.backscratcherworld.com/52-370.htm  

It's called the "Long Bow Handled Back Scratcher", and has a long curved handle that can reach everywhere, even that little spot in the bottom center of your back.  It's got a bunch of little bristles that are just the right amount of aggressive, for a scratch that's as serious as you can get without drawing blood.  Cost is $13.

There doesn't seem to be any cure in sight for people like us, but this is the next best thing.

John S.
I know exactly what you all are talking about. An uncontrollable itch, spread across my body with no symptoms, rashes or bumps.

I've had this twice. Antihistamine Benadryl worked well on me and i would swallow two ever time I felt the itch coming. I was going though a pack a day at my worse.

What I did last time when the itch came back was to wash every thing every day! bed spreads, cloths, body, towels, everything. I used nothing twice. That is how I got rid of it the first time after 8 months of itching and the second time after 3 weeks of itching.  

This treatment makes it sound like a bacteria and I fought it such like one. I doubt it is though b/c my live in g/f never contracted any thing close to my symptoms.

good luck and with this issue doctors suck
I want to clarify,
antihistamines like benadryl only help mild the itch, never cured the problem but allowed me to sleep at night.

and i was taking a half a pack a day.
DRY SKIN is a possible reason for some of you - eventhough you might not see visible chaffing in your skin or your skin doesn't feel extremely dry to the touch at all.  

Until it happened to me, I wouldn't believe how dry skin can drive one crazy!

When I experienced it, I even thought there were insects all over my place, or maybe I had worms (sorry, gross), or bugs crawling all over my body,  or what have you, from all the itching.  Bought stuffs and creams and tubes from the drugstore.  Went to two dermatologists who told me nothing was wrong with me but just prescribed a lotion for extremely dry skin.  Didn't work for me immediately.  And I just wished they were more helpful and validating, you know.  

Eventually I decided to stick to it and see if maybe it's dry skin ONLY that's causing all this craziness.  I switched to Aveeno body wash for dry skin, and just covered myself with lotion - expensive or not - every chance I get.  I am covered in lotion before I go to sleep.  

It took some extreme patience just to *trust* that dry skin could be the culprit.  To try not to think about bugs or insects possibly causing it.  Luckily, and thankfully, my case was indeed due to dry skin.  The itching eventually went away.  I think it took me a good 3-4 weeks before I finally felt normal again and finally realized 'hey, no more itching!'  

Also, looking back, I realized the itching started happening when I decided to exercise in the afternoon causing me to take a shower twice in a day - one in the  morning before I go to work, and another in the evening after I exercise.  I was also using a traditional  antibacterial bar soap (because of all the sweating due to exercise, I decided to use safeguard), which you can imagine all the more caused my dry skin.  

So now, the moment I feel just a tiny bit of itching somewhere, I smother myself with extra lotion.  Eventhough a bit expensive from regular body wash, I try to always use Aveeno (so far it works for me).  And of course I try not to be lazy and always apply lotion; usually after shower and skin is still a bit wet.

Hope this post helps some of you.  Please give it a try.  
i don't know how to edit.. i just want to add.. i also made sure i drink lots of water.  i'm sure it helped with my dry skin problem.  
I am also a victim of this itch. sorry to hear somany people affected by the same problem. i had this for 3 months but now i am happy that it subiside. I dont feel itch anymore. slighlty yes in hands ans neck are but its gone.

Treatment cannot be decided by docs. Its in our hands. think logically apply your brains. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urticaria  
this link provide information about utricaria. there are so many types of urticaria and so many agents. now u can understand y docs are at a loss.

Try to understand what makes your itch worse or subside.( benadryl and cetrizine and zyrtec works but they are temporary) i am talking about food, climate, or anything natural. identify the cause. I zeroed in on to cold urtricaria. whenever temp drops i feel this little itching which worsens.

Deep breathing increase body heat and even exercise does that. vitamin B deficiency also can cause itching. ultimately itch is caused by something inside our body. FOOD . what we eat matters the most. i am nt saying everyone has some allergy. but u tend to eat somefood more and dont like some food. that may be creating some vitamin deficiency. think about it.

ITs in your hands to control. think and act. God has given us brain. Use it well

OMG I never imagined there were so many people out there with this itch i have been suffering with for about 4-6 months. I want to say it all began after I started taking Synthroid for my hypothyroid. But now Im not so sure since all of you have the exact same feeling! All my friends and family keep telling me, "you probably just have dry skin!" I want to scream! Its like a thousand pins and needles stabbing you from the inside! :( I have figured out being outside makes it worse (i live in a hot humid city), the shower, and for some reason being at work (i work at a hospital). Benadryl is the only thing I have tried and it does help, but makes me sooo drowsy, and I am a night shift nurse so I cant take it all the time. I just stand there in front of the patients and the doctors scratching myself like a crazy person! I have a doctors appt tomorrow with a dermatologist, I am going to talk to him about some sort of steroid and vit b as you have mentioned. maybe get my liver checked again? I dont know, i have to go... scratch myseefl again! :( *cry
I am in total shock...I've had this problem my whole life. Really didn't think anyone else suffered from this also. Tonight when I got out of the tub and was itching so bad I decided to see what google had to say about it and this is the page that came up...WOW. Some nights I can ignore it and not scratch and some nights I just want to scream because I itch so bad.
Think I may try the Vit B complex first before I go get on some anti depressant. I don't want to take Benyadryl, I guess it will make me sleepy and hopefully sleep better. Side benifit maybe. Strange to be happy I'm not the only one who suffers. So to the person who wants us to be tested for HIV  ummmm it's not that or I've had it since I was 12 and I'm 50 now, and I don't think that's the problem with anyone else.   And to those of you goint to the doctors for this and think your nuts....take this website and show the doctor your not. Shame you have to prove your not crazy because the doctors are useless.
Hi I have been itching my whole body  for the last 3 months and I have not known what's wrong with me and my family has been telling me to go and get checked out and I haven't done so yet... So please tell me if I have to go 2 the GP....HELP ME PLEASE I DON'T NO WHAT 2 DO.....
I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one with this freaking problem. As I'm typing my scalp is itching like crazy don't have dandruff, by back is burning from all the scratching and well the welts on my back and legs will eventually disapear in a couple of minutes.  Are there any docters who answer to this posts? I like so many of you would like a diagnose or at the most a simple explanation why this is happening to us. I dont smoke nor drink and dont take meds for nothing not even headaches.  And to be honest I dont want to take meds everyday of my life to cure this that I have. My dr. prescribes some allergy pills Loratadine 10mgs and wow they helped but as soon as the medication was out of my system the darn itching comes back. And now i've notice that my eyes itch well the outside and my whole face and neck. Is this normal or is it getting worse if it can possible get worse.  My skin is so damaged from all the itching and then my husband telling me that its all in my head -doesn't help at all. Anyone please HELPPPPP I'm so tired of this and its so depressing going through this daily.
i dont normally do this but i am anyway :)

i have had this ichy felling all over my body for about 3 days now it worse when am relaxing or trying to sleep i thought it was my exsama at first but i didnt come up in a rash and i havent had it since i was small does anyone no whats wrong with me?

sorry i cant spell :(
I have had this chronic itching condition for quite some time now.

I've recently discovered that my condition was not directly a skin problem but rather a thyroid problem.

Ask (or tell) your doctor to have these tests done.

TSH
Free T3
Free T4
Reverse T3
TPO Antibodies
TG Antibodies

The thyroid is the least understood and sadly problems related to the thyroid go often missed. Get these tests done if your dermatologist cannot find a problem directly related to the skin.
I have had this itching problem for 10 years now.  The first few years were awful trying to find out what was wrong, dealing with doctors who knew nothing, and trying out different medications. After a few years, I finally found a combination of medications that really help me, especially at night.  Currently, I take 10mg of Lexapro, 900mg of Neurontin (Gabapentin)day (300mg at at lunch and 600mg before bed), and I also take Zyrtec once per day.  This combination has helped me a lot and I found it by going to a combination of doctors.  The neurologist is the doctor who suggested the Neurontin, and I attribute most of the relief to that, but the anti-depressant (Lexapro) aids as well.  I have found that going off of one of the meds has a noticeable effect so I believe that they are all giving me some sort of benefit.  Anyway,  I would suggest these especially if you have had test after test and have seen doctor after doctor and they all say that nothing is wrong and that you are perfectly healthy.
hello all

I normally don't engage in online forums, but reading all your comments and recognizing so much of it, I thought I should share my experiences.

I have had the same itching all over for years now, especially during the night. Temperature/humidity changes during the day made it worse. It drove me crazy, influenced my professional life, and made me think at some moment I must the be one who's crazy since no doctor seemed to understand the hell you're in when you can't sleep all night because of the itching. I've seen many doctors, 4 dermatologists, 2 alternative physicians, tried diets, thousands of body lotions, expericiencing with warm/cold showers, work-outs, no alcohol.. you name it. Nothing worked. For the past two years, my dermatologist put me on Neurontin, which is essentially an anti-epileptic, and which worked well at first. But after some time, I had to increase the amount of pills, and after three years taking them, I ended up with so many pills each night, that I woke up totally groggy.
Then, I tried a neurologist. I described my symptoms, and mentioned the Neurontin, and she immediately said I have RLS (restless leg syndrom). Which seemed total nonsense to me, since I don't twitch my legs at night and have non of the symptoms normally related to RLS. Yet, she urged me to try to take Sifrol before going to sleep and also test my iron levels. That night, I anxiously tried 1 Sifrol and not my normal amount of 3 to 5 Neurontins and slept wonderfully. Furthermore, I indeed had a very low level of iron, which doesn't help RLS.
I've been on Sifrol now for 8 months and can finally say I've my life back.I contacted my dermatologist and informed her about this RLS so can can recognize the symptoms with other patiens in the future and eventually send them to a neurologist.
I understand that RLS is definitely not the cause for all itching worldwide, but I also believe it is a cause that has nog been recognized sufficiently, mainly because the general symptoms of RLS are not parallel with 'just itching'. Nevertheless, I can only recommend to at least visit a neurologist and see if RLS might be the cause of your itching.
I have this same problem as well. Very, very itchy, but no rash at all! The Dr. I saw last week prescribed Phenergan, whether it is supposed to stop the itch or help me sleep, I'm not sure?? It hasn't helped with either. Also I am now getting chest pains which can be caused by the Phenergan from what I have read. Not taking any more of those Phenergan tabs that's for sure. I have to have some blood work done this morning, so will get them to check out my chest pains as well. It doesn't feel like when I had my Angina attack at all, so can only think that the Phenergan is the problem Cheers Cheryl
hi all......for the past yr i have been gettin hot burning itchin lastin around 15 to 20mins depending on how much i break out....I cant even shop without a hot breakout its so embarassing.....I went to a naturapath and they seemed 2 think diary was the cause....i cut out all diary and still suffer from this pain.....it can appear anywhere from my legs...stomach....neck....back and form red patches on my face....in the past week i have noticed little bite like hives appearing......someone please help me!!
It is truly amazing to find so many fellow "terrible itch" sufferers out there. I can only imagine what those who have had this condition for more than a week have experienced. My heart goes out to you all. In my short experience, I have found temporary relief rubbing a cold wash cloth on my legs, followed by ice packs on the shins, and ending with an anti-itch cream. It is not the solution to the cause, but it does relieve the symptoms for a while. I spend a lot of time praying and asking God to help me "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials." Aloha!
one day i just started to itch... i remember it very clearly... as if it were yesterday, i wasn't doing anything in particular... i was watching a presentation at my school one night... and all of a sudden i felt that tickley itch you get sometimes when your clothes are bothering you, or when your body thinks its time for a shower.... and it just escalted from there! I itched all the time... except when i went to bed... It drove me nuts! i couldnt sit still... I started taking benadryl, and it seemed to dissapate somewhat... I ran out of benadryl, and my parents couldnt afford it... so i stopped taking it... the tickling itch was still there, but not to the point that i wanted to kill something... it eventually kinda went away... it only bothered me if i wore certain things (but these shirts or whatever, i owned them long before this started... so i can't be allergic to them).... now for some reason... it has started up again... not as bad as when it first started... but still enough to annoy me....
HELP! please...
Hey ya'll.  I have ungodly horrible itch areas.  I have scared myself clawing, using a brush or anything I can get my hands on.  It isn't constant in those specific areas but when it hits it's HORRIFIC!!!!!!!  The front of my left shoulder, the back of my right shoulder and on the front of my ankle. It's like a convulsive itch!!!  NOTHING MAKES IT GO AWAY!!!!
I guess I do scratch more than most, like on my arms and hands but it's not that huge of a deal.  The other itching makes me want to get a wire brush and rip myself to shreds!  It makes me soooooo crazy! Freezing helps but not a lot.  
I have been suffering from the  same exact thing a doctor said it was scabies and gave me permethrin and I took it 5 times and I am still itching. I have to go back to the doctor and see about what else this may be. I wish you the best of luck.

Christina
I am a 13 year old girl and I have been itching since last night. Last night's itching was terrible, it's better now but I still itch occasionally and when I do it's crazy. I don't have any rashes, bumps, etc. My mother is giving me Benadryl but it's not helping. If i go to the hospital the wait will be all day long just to get a doctor to prescribe some medicine. I'll try some calamine lotion. I hope it works!
Hello all. My mother has been suffering from serious itching for the last few years. She managed to be seen by a top dermatologist at the Mayo Clinic in Arizona and was diagnosed with symptomatic dermographism. It is possible that many of you are too. The medication they gave her is not really working and she is still suffering. I am trying hard to find some relief for her. Suggestions I've found have been ketotifen therapy and narrow band UVB therapy.
Hi, I'm convinced that 90% of my itchiness is caused as a reaction from the inside out, and I am very itchy at times and when it's at it's worst it is like being poked by a needle in random places. This occasionally keeps me from even dosing off for 30+ hours, due to the random and various locations of these odd sensations.
I think that my primary discomfort is from internal electrolyte imbalances that manifest themselves within the skin.

The absolutely greatest relief that I've found is taking a multi-mineral supplement that contains the minerals/ salts that end with "ium" other that Sodium, and I'm speaking about things found at non harmful levels such as those in the Oceans waters. The primary minerals that help me are, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc.

Some fats both 'good and bad' also affect me in both fine and ugly ways.
I'm not promoting any of this as your specific answer, but I've seen and dealt with most of it on a daily basis at different points in my life.

I'm basically an ectomorph /endomorph combination that has a reaction to sugar; specifically in the form of glucose.

I can deal with and can thrive on a more complex mix of say a bag of shelled out sunflower seeds and a pint of whole milk with chocolate for breakfast, and then a medium meal with the proteins and carbohydrates and fats in a balanced ratio, and then a somewhat late day high protein and high fiber meal with a high/ fast complement to finish off the day.

I've been called on phone have to go, please post something and I hope that I can get back to offer something helpful.............
tah

although some of you do have general demo probs, and scabies.

the majority of it, sounds exactly like what i have.

it gets bad after a shower or in high humidity.

theres 3 diff feelings, the static, the crawlies and the bites.
some bites occasionally show as mini flea bites.

i have not been able to spend time with friends and family for a long time.
and so many missed opportunitys, like a girlfriend and that sort of thing.

its not in my head, it has been confirmed i have 'a problem' and all docs,
and dermos continuously acknowledge they do not have the expertise to make a diagnosis, and refer me on to the next person.

i have tried every treatment for dermatitis, scabies/mites, fungal infections, and nothing seems to work.

i dont know what to do anymore, this is starting to consume me :/

if anyone knows what it might be (appart from the obvious. ie: scabies/dermo/worms etc) please help.
i have severe itching from head to toe right now. i don't know where it came from. i was just sitting around one day and felt this tingling on my arms and legs. then it felt like i was being bit by mosquitos. witch is common in my house. then i noticed that there weren't any bumps. but awhile later i started to see small red bumps turn up in areas on my arms and legs. so i knew i had some kind of rash. severe itching became unbearable. i begged my mom to get some medicine to make it stop. so she got some cream that relieves itching rashes (ect.) i've been useing it for a few days and the itching went down until i  only felt itching when night came and i was going to bed. but now the severe itching is back and i can't stand it . it spread to my face, neck, ears, but the worse is on my legs. no bumps just itching. advice! please. i didn't do or touch anything out of the ordinary except dust and went to a camp in another state the previous week. it was a clean camp