Extreme itchy rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Extreme itchy rash

I had a small rash that consisted of small red bumbs under my arms somewhat itchy but not enough to bother me. They had little sharp pricks on the tips. However this summer I got a rash that I thought was something i had had several times before. Now I am not so sure. I have on my hands clear little bubbles that sometimes conect with each other and some dont very itchy when humid and hot. These blisters do not pop easily. But cover my fingers very thickly. They go away while taking Thirty plus miligrams of steriods but come back almost immediatly when I stop taking the steriods. Within two days. I also have Large round bumbs red in color on my but cheacks that itch and hevent gone away for three months now. I also have a rash of small bumbs on my arms and legs neck chest and lower back and feet. These get less when out of the sun but still itch and get more red when in the sun and the itching gets extremely worse. I also have spots on the head of my penis starting to form and are now getting  larger and do not itch but are sensitive to touch and itch when I touch or mess with them and start to get a dry layer that peels off after a few days . They have treated me for poison ivy eczema , scabbies ,contact dermatitis, herpetic rash and the only thing to help is the steroids but no cure and the itching continues. Now my wife is showing some of the same symtoms (symptoms) what should I have the dermatologist check for and or PLEASE help.
From your symptoms two possibilities that come to my mind are of pompholyx( on hands and feet) and heat rash( on upper trunk). Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

If the symptoms persist then high potency steroids may be needed. Also a biopsy skin needs to be done to confirm the diagnosis.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.