Dermatology Community
Extremely Dry skin with deficient thyroid
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Extremely Dry skin with deficient thyroid

I have always had dry skin, but even with thyroid medication, my skin is extremely dry.   I don't use a lot of lotions or creams because I am always washing my hands.

Is there anything in the natural remedies that I could start taking to see if my skin condition would improve?
Hi there,
Firstly you should try to keep your thyroid levels under normal limits by taking medications regularly. I will advise you to skip long, hot showers as they can dry your skin. Shower only for 5-10 minutes daily. Pat your skin with a towel after you shower or wash your face or hands, leaving it damp. You should apply a moisturizer within three to five minutes of washing to lock moisture in. Your moisturizer should be rich in ceramides, dimethicone, glycerine, hyaluronic acid, mineral oil and petroleum jelly. Drink plenty of water. Eat omega 3 foods like salmon, flax, walnuts and safflower oil. If the symptoms are severe consult a dermatologist. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank