Extremely chapped lips
My 12 year old daughter who suffers from eczema has been having alot of problems with her lips the past couple years.  She is at a point now that she cries because her lips are sooo dry and chapped and sometimes get full of blisters.  Right now her lips are so dry (with no blisters) skinis hanging off both top and bottom lip.  She is also getting very dry around her mouth area too?  I heard someone mention Chelilitis Exfoliative.  What is that?  What can I do to relieve her painful lips not to mention they look terrible and she is miserable?

This discussion is related to Extremely Chapped Lips.
How is your daughter? Exfoliative Cheilitis is a disturbance in the outer lip skin that grows too thick and eventually peel off revealing raw skin beneath. This is a chronic condition and may recur. This could be caused by hormonal imbalance, underlying conditions or diet disorders. Moisturizing may help. It is best that you have her evaluated by your doctor for proper management suited for her. Take care and do keep us posted.