Dermatology Community
Extremely dry skin, flaking and scaling
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Extremely dry skin, flaking and scaling

For a while now I have seen my skin become dry to the point of flaking and scaling on the chest area, underarms and obliques, abs, lower back and now starting a little on my outer upper thigh.

First skin problems happes at adolescence with acne that went away after a while and using acne face wash. About when I was 16 I saw that the skin between my chest was discolored ( tannish color and itchy) for about 2 weeks and then went away on its own, Around 18 my lower back started scaling a little but was still smooth so I never paid much attention to it as I though it was a stretch mark or similar. When I was 20 I saw that I was getting dry skin on my abs  and applied lotion regularly, it helped a bit but it seemed to spread... At 21 I went to the doctor and he said its just dry skin and to keep applying lotion and drink plenty of water. The skin is now flaky ans scaly and my upper back arms and legs seem to be the only parts not taken by it.

I went to a dermotologist and they prescribed Lidrovel 40 to be applied 3 times daily. I am currently in Italy and that is where the dermatologist made the prescription.

What do you suggest the issue be? And what should I do before I turn into a snake and keep sheeding my skin?