Eyebrow Hair
I have been having trouble with ingrown hairs on my eyebrows that are resulting in wounds. My question is will hair continue to grow out of the remaining scab or will I be left with more ingrown hairs?
While the scad is there it is not likely to bother you.How-ever when it heals the chances of it recurring are positive.
Ingrown hair is a condition where the hair curls back or grows sideways into the skin. It may or may not be accompanied by an infection of the hair follicle (folliculitis) or "razor bumps" (Pseudofolliculitis barbae). While ingrown hair most commonly appears in areas where the skin is shaved (beard, legs, pubic region), it can appear anywhere.
Shaving is the leading cause, followed by tight clothing.
Treatments for ingrown hairs include putting a warm washcloth over the ingrown hair, shaving in a different direction, exfoliating with facial scrubs, sponges, towels, or creams containing acids, treatment with Ibuprofen or other NSAIDs, and prophylaxis with twice daily topical application of diluted Glycolic acid. Ingrown hair will often fall out after a couple weeks.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingrown_hair