Eyebrow Hairloss

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Eyebrow Hairloss

I'm loosing 2-8 eyebrows a day in either eyebrow
I had my reg doc run: Thyroid , vitamin blood test, that came back normal.

I been to two different Dermatologist

One says I have Dermatitis
The other says Alopecia

I was in and out of the office in less than 5 min with both doctors

They simple glance at it and send me home and say hey try this and maybe itll work..

Is there any specific test i can ask my derm to run ..I'm not big on guessing games, Iv had this problem for 5 months now and its just starting to get noticeable now.

Should i insist that my derm does a skin biopsy? are there any types of skin test that can diagnose alopecia or Dermatitis or other skin conditions?

I notice small white flakes in and around my eyebrows
and today i noticed a few tiny tiny beads of something crusty in my eyebrows, it almost looked like the normal flakes i had but when i rolled it in my figures it kind of of crumpled.

Iv taken  Xolegel(Ketoconazole) I used that for 2 weeks straight just like my derm said and I had no change in my condition.

The second Derm Prescribed Clobetsol Propionate USP .05% gel, I have been using that for over a month and haven’t noticed a change..

Also as an extra note, my eyebrows always feel oily and wet, im very aware that i have eyebrows.

The root and all is falling out.

I don’t notice any redness in or around the eyebrows, that’s why the second Derm said that it was definitely not a form of dermatitis.

The only medication I’m taking is Minocyline, I'm Taking 50 mg twice a day, I used to have slight acne on my forehead, it has been cleared up for many months.

Sometimes i get a slight itch in the eyebrows before they fall out and sometimes i get a slightly painful pricking feeling before they fall out and sometimes i don’t notice a thing and they fall out.

I haven’t experienced any other hair loss except in my eyebrows

19 y/o male
I eat very healthy
In the gym every other day
Live in Connecticut
And never left the country

I cant figure out how to add details to my post so ill just add it here,

Most of my eyebrow hair loss is on the left eyebrow, almost the whole outer third of the eyebrow is lost,

Could it be possible that i have to ask my doctor to run the Thyriod test again, maybe they missed somthing
AMDI335, did you ever find out what's going on?? I am a male, 23 years old, and I have several of your symptoms! I just got my blood test results and I tested okay for all the thyroid issues. My eyebrow has been losing hair for 9 months now and it is now getting very noticeable. I have itchy eyebrows with flakes as well (but no pain and my eyebrows do not feel oily and wet). Other than that it looks like I have exactly what you have. Let's keep in touch to help each other out!
also, i forgot to mention that my outer 3rd eyebrow is also more "destroyed" than the rest (although the eyebrow as a whole is going down).
i am a 42 year old female and i have had the exact same problem for 2 years now. I hardly have any eyebrow left on the left side it has been diagnosed as fungal infection, bacterial infection, follicullitis, and now the dermatologist says dermatitis. I have recently been using the fml steroid ointment, also the clobetasol nothing helps!!!!! if anyone out there knows anything that would help PLEASE HELP!!!!
Have you asked your doctor if it's possible you have alopecia?
AMDI and everyone else, did you guys find a solution to the problem? I got two creams from my dermatologist a little over a month ago. It stopped the itching almost immediately and took away the dandruff (90% of it). But, the problem is still there... I'm still losing my eyebrow hair.... sigh..
i'm having the exact same symptoms as the original poster. No idea what's causing it.
I had the same problem a couple of years ago.  My dermatologist started with creams with no improvement and then tried cortisone shots.  I went every two weeks to begin with and now only get them every year.  Hope this helps!!
Any update? I know this is now years later and I'm sure a lot of people are going they the SAME THING! I am myself and it's seriously making me hate life! I had beautiful perfect eyebrows my whole life then the past 6 months outta no where I get the same thing as the first poster?!!! Any DRs on this forum?