Dermatology Community
Eyebrow Itch/Burn
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Eyebrow Itch/Burn

My eyebrows for about the past month have been very itchy, not much flaking just a little from scratching constantly.  The itch seems to be more intense when I sweat or become hot.  I have been using Nizoral 2% but it doesnt seem to help too much.  I am currently in law school and begining finals, could this be part of the problem?  Also, when I was my eyebrows I lose between 2-3 per eyebrow.  Is this a normal amount?  Do we shed eyebrows daily?  I have very thick eyebrows if this makes a difference in the amount I shed.  I am begining to worry just because of loosing a few eyebrows daily because I do not want to permanently loose them, thank you for any information you can provide to me regarding this topic.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to fungal infections of the eyebrows. . Diagnosis is by clinical examination as well as a skin lesion biopsy with microscopic examination.Anti-fungal medications, taken by mouth, are used to treat the infection.

It is important to keep the area clean. A medicated shampoo, such as one containing selenium sulfide like selsen may also help.

If the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist as oral antifungals may be needed.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.
Blank
Thanks a ton for the info Dr.!  I actually bought some selenium sulfide shampoo tonight, also is it normal to lose a couple of eyebrow hairs each day with washing and regular activities like scalp hair?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank
Caryopteris